Head of Credit Risk
Our client seeks a Head of Credit Risk to join their team.
Role Profile: The Head of Credit Risk will be experienced in all credit products including Structured Finance, Asset Finance, Regulated and Non-Regulated Lending. The jobholder will be required to conduct credit assessments in accordance with delegated limits ranging from £500K and above. The jobholder will also be required to analyse and assess credit proposals received from customers/partners prior to submission to the Credit Committee and the Board. To liaise with colleagues across the business to ensure all relevant credit policies are being adhered to and to ensure teams are working to service levels for excellent customer service. The jobholder will have the opportunity to challenge credit policies, processes and controls and will have line management responsibility for the Credit team.
- Lead, manage and coach the Credit Team.
- Monitor and ensure optimal resource allocation amongst the Underwriters.
- Critically and objectively assess and challenge credit applications prior to submission to Credit Committee and the Board.
- Analyse affordability measures, financial crime risks and fraudulent applications, and credit backgrounds.
- Provide industry regulatory expertise and understanding to the business in order to strengthen future credit and risk frameworks.
- Produce reports on trends, volumes and data relating to applications to the Board and Senior Management Team.
- Adhere to the Credit Policy, credit guidelines, service levels in accordance with the Underwriting Authority Mandate (“UAM”).
- Make credit recommendations to the Credit Committee for proposals in line with the UAM.
- Work with all Divisions (IOM, UK broker and UK wholesale) to maximise opportunity.
- Assist the Credit Committee and COO to ensure the Credit Policy is current and provide recommendations on improvement and enhancements to Credit Policy and credit guidelines.
- Assist the COO in automation of credit process and decisioning where applicable.
- To build and maintain flexible working partnerships both internal and externally.
- Promote and adhere to the Company's culture and values.
- Identify and drive own and team members' personal career development needs through self-analysis and feedback from others.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Professional qualification is desirable.
- Proven experience working in a senior credit role within the financial services industry or specific Wholesale Finance experience.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- In depth understanding of financial statements and principles of lending.
- Excellent understanding of the relevant UK Regulatory requirements relating to the provision of credit facilities and KYC processes in these jurisdictions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential, as this role will involve influencing at all levels.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Active listening and questioning skills, with the confidence to objectively challenge.
- Highly numerate and proficient in MS Office.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 10219
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.