Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting
Our client is looking for a Head of Financial Accounting and Reporting to join their team.
Role: The role will provide strategic direction and operational oversight for general accounting operations and internal and external financial reporting for the Business Unit. Critical to this role will be the balancing of financial performance, compliance, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction and vision to transform outdated financial operations and work with the business to strengthen our operations and be fit for the future.
- Lead and manage the established and skilled FAR (Financial accounting and reporting) function.
- Responsible for recruitment and performance management within the function including accountability for the employee net promoter score.
- Oversee production of statutory / regulatory / Solvency reporting.
- Accountable towards Chief Financial Officer for the accuracy of all balance sheet, Profit & Loss and Statistical items required by Group and in line with Group instructions, guidelines and policies.
- Accountable towards local Chief Financial Officer for supporting Group instructions on statutory and regulatory matters e.g. for capital management, Mergers & Acquisitions activities and tax.
- Manage end to end production process including activities performed by service centres.
- Implement consistent best practices locally in line with regional Financial Accounting & Reporting Controller instructions.
- Promote a strong controls culture, liaising with Internal Controls and Risk Management to ensure effective implementation of ICFR controls.
- Lead change projects in FAR and FAR elements of special projects (incl. coordination with external accounting advisors) including transition to IFRS 17 reporting.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with significant post qualification experience.
- Ability and experience to communicate at Executive Committee and Board level within the business unit.
- Leadership experience with proven ability to motivate and lead teams of professionals, ensuring continuous development of the team.
- Strong knowledge of the insurance industry, and insurance business model, concepts and operations.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to drive the change and to influence internal stakeholders.
- High level of problem-solving skills.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 12020
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.