HR Business Partner
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a HR Partner to join their team.
To support the delivery of an effective, efficient and professional HR experience, continually providing efficient, effective and accurate support of this function. Engaging with the full employee life cycle. Providing advice and guidance in all areas of HR to employees and managers, with the support when required of the Senior HR Partner and Director of HR.
- Develop and maintain an effective and impressive partnership with the business
- Act as a coach and advisor to business leaders; coach, consult and challenge management on various operational people matters
- Contribute to change management programmes, ensuring local support with business unit changes as well representative for driving organisational HR changes
- Advise leaders on operational people matters such as discipline and performance management, recommending and supporting with appropriate people interventions
- Understand the basic principles of reward practices and benefits and ensure consistency of application.
- Contribute to talent management to ensure development of talent, identifying development needs and working to coordinate/meet these needs
- Drive participation in employee engagement initiatives
- Responsible for the full recruitment life cycle including all recruitment and onboarding administration
- Work with managers to determine current and future staffing needs
- Liaising and building relationships with internal departments, Hiring Managers and Recruitment Agencies
- Partner with managers where appropriate to advise on role profile construction
- Partner with hiring managers to establish recruiting requirements for the role and make recommendations regarding the structure of the hiring process
- Provide coaching to interview panels ahead of interviews around techniques used and advise of structure of hiring process
- Use of social media and job boards for sourcing and enhancement of employer brand
- Conduct pre-screen, 1st & 2nd round interviews
- Influence hiring process to ensure candidates are a culture-add and have the correct experience
- Responsible for relocation of new starters, partnering with the Business Support team to arrange travel
- Ensure compliance of all work permit and visa requirements
- Obtain feedback from Hiring Managers after the recruitment process for further recommendations or improvements
- Review processes or improvements that can be made in the recruitment space and take forward to delivery where approved
- Responsible for the on boarding of new starters, conducting first day HR inductions, benefits schemes additions, and arranging all relevant new starter department inductions, policy and ISMS training. Liaising with Facilities to ensure new starter security passes/access and car parking. Sourcing and setting up new starter packs and desks
- Arrange new starter breakfasts
Starters / Movers / Leavers
- Administer the Remedy process for Starters/Leavers/Movers - Raising tickets, Liaising with Managers regarding equipment and access for new, moving and leaving staff.
- Responsible for the administration and arrangements for internal job movers
- Conducting new starter 1, 3 & 5 catch-up to ensure they are settling into the company and have the support they require. Feedback any concerns to the Senior HR Partner.
- Manage the termination process which includes acknowledgement of resignation letters, calculating holiday entitlements and final payments
- Conduct exit interviews with leavers up to Band 4 and analyse results to feed back to the HR team
- Involvement in internal/external audits for starters/leavers/movers
- Ensure effective and efficient maintenance of accurate electronic information and records related to the employment of staff and the HR system is maintained, and accurate information recorded and updated
- Contribute to the design of the annual wellbeing roadmap with support from the Senior HR Partner
- Implementation of the wellbeing roadmap and initiatives, with assistance from the wider HR team when required
- Conduct regular catch-ups with employees (non-people managers) highlighting any concerns to the Senior HR Partner
- Assist with preparation of payroll
- During employee catch-ups, discuss development requirements and feedback to the Senior HR Partner
- Administer the flexible working process
- Administer the maternity process and offer support to employees before, during and after maternity leave
- Administer the flexible benefits process
- Pension administration
- Plan and attend Recruitment fairs/ Open Evenings held at the company
- Event management of HR initiatives and events, such as Frocials.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualifications to demonstrate English and Mathematic skills
- HR specific qualifications such as CIPD level 3+ advantageous but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized, with a keen eye for detail
- Enjoy working within a busy team, with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Flexible and enthusiastic with a positive outlook.
- Patient and approachable
- Strong skills in MS Office packages including Work, Excel and Outlook
- Confidential and professional manner
- Completer - finisher - ensure processes are followed to their conclusion
- Proven knowledge and experience of the IOM Work Permit and visa process/guidelines
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 13456
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.