In-house Legal Counsel
Our client seeks an In-house Legal Counsel to join their team
- Review all claims:
- Determine if the Lineslip and policy conditions have been met and in particular regarding the prospects at outset and subsequent handling of the case including reporting on key events.
- Recommend whether to accept or decline and, if accepted, the amount to be paid.
- The review should assess the merits of the claim both in isolation and also in the context of the overall performance of the scheme. Liaison with the Directors and external advisers.
- Inform the scheme solicitor of the decision, provide reasons and handle any disagreements/complaints/legal challenges to declinatures.
- In conjunction with the Underwriting Director
- Agree content and programme for the regular audits of schemes to check that these are complying with their terms of business and there is no shortfall in premium payment.
- Organise the audits and ensure properly resourced
- Take part in the audit as required (on-site audits will be in UK)
- Ensure results documented
- Review results with the Underwriting Director to identify any areas of concern and ensure points arising are addressed in a timely manner, escalating to the board when required.
- Develop relationships with scheme solicitors/introducers - including meeting with them as and when required.
- Day to day contact with scheme solicitors regarding legal issues arising during the course of their cases
- Ensure that appropriate challenge is provided when reduced premiums are offered to ensure maximum premium recovery. Where scheme solicitors fail to settle premiums on a timely basis, and in full, ensure appropriate engagement to recover debts. Where external legal assistance required, manage the litigation process from inception to settlement
- Liaise with the company's legal and other advisers regarding disputed/declined claims and ensure claims costs are minimised.
- Manage complaints regarding the legal expenses insurances
- Legal input into the development of new legal expenses insurance products
- Provide a written legal report for each board meeting, including obtaining reports from the company's external lawyers regarding any litigation.
Agreements with distributors and others
- Act as in-house legal resource to draft legal documents
- Where appropriate have agreements reviewed by external lawyer where this expertise adds value
- Ensure all distribution agreements compliant with relevant law and regulatory requirements
Training and Development
- Provide training as required on legalities
- Keep fully up to date with the ATE market and relevant legal changes/news and circulate details or provide training
- Provide legal advice/assistance to the Board and colleagues when required.
- Provide legal input into the development of new products
- Policy wordings
- Terms of Business
If you have the necessary qualifications and experience for this role then contact the team to today
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 9536
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.