Isle of Man
Our client seeks an Independent Non-Executive Director to join their board.
To provide independent, constructive challenge and a fresh perspective on Board deliberations.
- Help establish the overall strategic direction of the organisation
- Act as a constructive critic in looking at the objectives and plans devised by the Chief Executive Officer and his executive team
- To attend the Audit & Risk Committee, Nomination Committee and Remuneration Committee meetings
- Be satisfied that the integrity of financial information and that financial controls and systems of risk management are robust and secure
- Ensure that the statutory and governance duties of the organisation are discharged effectively; and that the interests of a wide range of stakeholders are properly considered
- Assist in the appointment, and, where relevant, any restructure of the Executive Directors
- Assist in the determination of appropriate levels of remuneration of Executive Directors
- Lead by example in support of the Company's values
- Provide a creative and informed contribution
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience at Board level, ideally as an INED
- Appropriate professional qualification in area of expertise
- High level of Integrity
- High ethical standards and sound judgement
- Willingness to challenge
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to coach Board members where appropriate
- Strong leadership and self-awareness, ability to influence, gain respect and attention
- Critical thinking, creativity and strategic awareness
- Ability to balance supporting management and holding them to account
- Strong understanding of Life Assurance products
- Previous experience within the Life Assurance Industry or Financial Services with an understanding of Insurance business, markets, operations, and shareholder expectations.
- Strong understanding of Corporate Governance requirements for a publicly listed company.
- Understanding of the Isle of Man regulatory environment
- Understanding of Risk Based Capital and its use
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 13475
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.