Infrastructure Support Engineer
Our client is looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join their team.
Role: Working as a key member of the infrastructure team you will ensure that both Data Centre systems and client's sites are running smoothly. This team is responsible for looking after a variety of responsibilities across implementations, presales, and 2nd / 3rd line IT support, within the Group and to the datacentre, customers and managed remote client sites.
- Build and configure various server configurations and services for clients (e.g., Hyper-v failover servers, S2D clusters, Active Directory based virtual workloads), and assist in presales for the same.
- Perform infrastructure maintenance and upgrades.
- Provide Level-2 support to out ITIL helpdesk and troubleshooting to resolve endpoint and server issues.
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to infrastructure.
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven hands-on level 2 IT support experience (within an MSP environment would be useful).
- MCSA or higher.
- Deep understanding of Windows Server roles & services (e.g. AD, Exchange, RDS, DHCP, DNS).
- Solid understanding of MS365 tenancy, apps, and tools.
- Hands-on experience with ITIL driven ticket management.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot infrastructure devices.
- Ability to create accurate infrastructure diagrams and documentation for design and planning.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Infrastructure security experience.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 11741
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.