Internal Audit Officer
Our client seeks an Internal Audit Officer
You will be responsible for the planning, organising and conducting of Financial, Operational and IS Auditing Activities in accordance with the scheduled audit objectives. The role aims to enhance and protect organisational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight by identifying the relevant risks, governance and control issues related to the Group
- Assess risk and controls related to the assigned area being audited to anticipate possible future concerns and opportunities and provide assurance, advice and insight where it is most needed, including advising managers at all levels.
- Ensure that sufficient and adequate evidence is gathered and documented in order to complete the set audit program.
- Provide recommendations for the improvement of management controls applied in the company.
- Ensure compliance with policies, plans, standards, laws and regulations which could have significant impact upon operations and IS System.
- Assess the validity of existing policies and processes and if necessary, recommend alternatives.
- Perform independent reviews and evaluations of any area to appraise reliability and integrity of financial and operating information.
- Involvement in Systems Development audits to ensure controls are built in during the systems development life cycle (SDLC) process.
- Establish the effectiveness in accomplishment of objectives and goals established for the corporation and projects.
- Ensure that measures are taken to safeguard assets, including tests of existence and ownership as appropriate.
- Assess the economy, effectiveness and efficiency in the use of resources (operational audits).
- Develop the use of computer-assisted audit techniques (CAATs) to support audit projects.
- Special Investigations: Carry out assignments discreetly, effectively and efficiently in sensitive and confidential circumstances.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in accounting, finance, business administration or computer information systems
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) and/or equivalent qualifications, and CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- 3 to 5 years in Internal auditing or other related activities
- Knowledge in using audit management systems or Governance, Risk & Compliance systems
- Knowledge in use of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques
- Detailed understanding of telecoms operational and financial issues
- Detailed understanding of telecoms IT issues
- Understand and comply with the licence and other regulatory rules applying to the position.
- Understand and comply with the Data Protection Law as it relates to the position
- Understand and comply with the Health and Safety responsibilities relevant to the role as defined in the Safety Policy
- Work in accordance with the safety procedures and safe working policies
- Undertake appropriate security awareness training covering information security, data protection, financial crime and payment card data and comply with their information security responsibilities.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 9513
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.