Our client is looking for an IT Architect to join their team.
Role: An opportunity is available to provide quality systems solutions to customers and to participate in multiple projects within the overall client project portfolio. To design, implement and maintain highly available in-house information systems that support core organisational functions.
- Work collaboratively with project teams and members of the business to deliver solutions that meet business needs.
- Interact with internal as well as external stakeholders including business and IT executives, strategy, program, and project managers / PMO, BU, segment and function architects, security & compliance, portfolio management as well as vendors.
- Prepare solution design documents, presentations and other materials using established formats and standard software & templates, and by obtaining guidance from the wider architecture team.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of IT architecture, standards, and practices by maintaining an understanding of current and future technology developments.
- Learn and understand our strategy and then, working with the wider architecture team, help to shape future strategy.
- Understand and evaluate multiple platforms, software packages and custom components to design the solution.
- Working with the wider Group architecture team to help shape future strategy, wherever required.
- Help identify business improvement opportunities that can be better aligned and/or operated.
- Participate in mastering business standardization across the segment / function whenever possible, leveraging available and necessary enablers (Activity Framework, Process Framework, Logistics, high-level configuration/organisation design).
- Ensure proper documentation of the as-is and to-be architecture.
- Monitor market trends to identify innovation opportunities and propose best of breed solutions that bring value to the business.
- Promote the defined principles, models, standards, guidelines and plans to both business and IT stakeholders and provide information, advice, guidance, and consulting to the local and global IT community.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent stakeholder management experience, ability to understand stakeholder issues and provide solutions to become a trusted advisor to the respective business area.
- Excellent communication skills to be able to talk to technical teams, business teams, other architects, and senior stakeholders. With an ability to understand application of technologies and provide an explanation of a solution and subsequent business impacts against overall strategy.
- TOGAF qualified or equivalent industry recognised architectural qualification.
- An understanding of business needs as well as technical, with an ability to provide insights and advice on business impact as well as technological.
- Proven record of involvement with the delivery of several projects and IT systems.
- Good understanding of IT system delivery, selection, and implementation.
- Insights into existing technologies, products, and vendors.
- Stakeholder management experience, ability to understand stakeholder issues and provide solutions.
- Good understanding of risk, issue, and change management.
- Good communication skills to be able to talk to technical teams, business teams, other architects, and senior stakeholders. With an ability to understand the application of technologies and provide an explanation of a solution and subsequent business impacts.
- Financial Services Industry knowledge.
- Versed in project governance.
- Knowledge and experience of Information security governance and oversight.
- IT delivery related qualifications.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 12021
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.