IT & ISP Engineer
Our Client is seeking an IT & ISP Engineer to join their team.
Purpose of the role:
To be responsible for the engineering provision, design, management and maintenance of the business' internal Firewalls, ISP systems, Windows, Linux & Azure platforms.
To lead the development of automated operational and maintenance procedures to ensure the reliability of the above systems to meet both internal and external customer needs and service levels.
- Responsible for management of System Licenses and Support Contracts.
- Responsible for production of Business Cases required for systems
- Responsible for the enhancement of the Firewall and Perimeter Security tools
- Responsible for the management of Team KPIs and Benchmarks
- Operation, maintenance, provision & management of Firewall Estate.
- Operation, maintenance, provision & management of Virtual Private Networks (VPN) infrastructure.
- Design, operation, maintenance, provision & management of IT & ISP systems including DNS, NTP, AAA, Automation and Reporting services and Linux servers.
- To assist in the design and administration of Enterprise IT applications including Exchange, OneDrive, Office365, Dynamics365 etc.
- To assist in the design and controlled implementation of key security aspects for networks and systems with the CSO team.
- Research and evaluation of Security related practices, solutions / technologies.
- Aiding the management team as required for the preparation of performance, growth and budgeting information.
- To take a fully active role in the standby and call out scheme with a contractual obligation to provide call out cover.
- To work off-Island when required to do so.
- To undertake supervision and co-ordination of other team members (when appropriate), consultants, suppliers and sub-contractors working on networks/systems that the team have responsibility for.
- To attain and maintain at least one relevant technical professional qualification. For example: Checkpoint CCSE, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft Azure Administrator or Redhat RHCE.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience in designing, administrating, and supporting Firewall systems
- Experience in Customer Service
- Strong proven Linux operating systems knowledge
- Experience configuring and maintaining stateful packet inspection or UTM Firewalls
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and staff at all levels.
- Experience administrating Linux environments
- Willing to work unsociable hours both as part of the standby scheme and for scheduled maintenance
- Experience with Web hosting and DNS
- Checkpoint product experience preferred.
- 2years Checkpoint experience preferred.
- Experience with Radius for authentication and accounting
- Experience installing and supporting SQL server environments
- Experience administering DNS servers, BIND environments preferred
- Experience using VMWare and Veeam
- Experience of ISO27001 security practices
- A current driving licence
- High level qualification in computer science or related field
- Professional Checkpoint accreditation
- Professional CISCO accreditation
- Professional Microsoft accreditation
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 9477
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.