IT Security Specialist
Our client seeks an IT Security Specialist to join their team.
- Establish system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access; recommending improvements.
- Explore, analyse, and implement the company's security systems including penetration testing.
- Audit the systems and information management processes to identify breaches.
- Develop and implement corrective actions for security breaches.
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal procedures to ensure data security.
- A risk-based approach to security.
- Maintain and update records.
- Evaluate and improve the existing security systems within the organisation.
- Participate in disaster recovery plan development and ensure these do not pose any threats to the security.
- Ensure authorised access by investigating improper access; revoke access; report violations; monitor information requests by new programming; recommend improvements.
- Establish computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures; coordinate with facilities security; recommend improvements.
- Develop security awareness by providing orientation, educational programs, and on-going communication.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, correct, effective, professional and engaging.
- Demonstrate the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Anticipate internal client needs before they arise and present solutions to company project management that encompass issues at hand.
- Understand expectations that were set with internal clients and recognise when issues/events may affect delivery.
- Proactively seek opportunities to broaden and deepen knowledge base and proficiencies.
- Share acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Lead internal teams/task forces.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Good working understanding of the ELK stack.
- Good working understanding of the Linux.
- Good working understanding of Tenable or similar products.
- Good understanding of IT Security concepts and the role of IT Security in delivering corporate plans.
- Experience of vulnerability scanning tools.
If you secure an Interview for this role - we've got it covered. Our Clients are using telecoms and technology. #Businessasusual
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 9854
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.