IT Service Desk / Batch Operator
Isle of Man
Our client seeks an IT Service Desk - Batch Operator, to join their busy IT Service Delivery Team.
Reporting to the team Supervisor, the role combines the day-to-day troubleshooting, investigation and resolution for both local and international support requests with the running and monitoring of late evening/morning batch processes. This role requires shift work being 8am to 4pm, 9am to 5pm, and 5pm to 1am on a two-week rotation.
- Run and monitor Batch Processes for the key line of business systems
- Provide first line Service Desk Support addressing and resolving incidents and problems reported by the user base
- Escalate as appropriate to ensure a prompt restoration of service
- Ensure provision and availability of IT systems and functions to End Users
- Provide out of hours Operational Support cover for the IT Department as & when required (This being eligible for payment of an on-call allowance)
- Maintain policy & procedure documentation to the required standard
- Perform general IT duties covering such tasks as kit relocation, software installs & upgrades and hardware builds etc.
- The ability to work on your own as well as part of a team is essential
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Ideally a minimum 2 years relevant Service/Help Desk experience
- Self-Motivated with a Positive attitude to change
- Customer Service experience, face to face/remotely and over the phone
- Good analytical and listening skills
- Experience in troubleshooting Microsoft Operating Systems, Applications, Printers and Network faults
- An understanding of Active Directory, Exchange, Server/Desktop and Network Infrastructure
- An understanding of Virtual Server/Desktop environments. Preferably VMWare
- Clean driving licence desirable
Your specialist: Angie Westmorland
Quote job ref: 12810
Hi I'm Angie, I am working on this amazing opportunity with one of the Island's leading employers, click apply now and I will be in touch.