IT Software Analyst / Developer
Our client seeks an IT Software Analyst / Developer to join the Software Development team of their busy IT department.
You will be ready to take on the role of analysing and developing solutions for their bespoke corporate systems, as well as supporting both customers and staff using the systems.
- Delivering system developments using the appropriate database, and programming technologies
- Supporting and maintaining systems, ensuring their performance, availability and security
- Working within defined time scales and to departmental standards
- Producing clear documentation that meets business needs
- Executing unit tests using appropriate techniques
- Writing and maintaining programming documentation
- Working closely with other teams for resolution of system queries and issues
- Working with project managers to meet project requirements and make accurate estimations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A team player, you will be equally comfortable working under your own steam to achieve a common goal.
- You will have a proven track record of experience within the software development environment, a minimum of 5 years in a similar role, preferably in the life assurance industry, and will possess:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the initiative to proactively resolve issues
- Knowledge and working experience of software design processes and engineering best practices
- Proven technical expertise within development and database design
- Ideally, you would also have experience of developing solutions with some of the following packages:
- Microsoft Visual Studio.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above, including any or all of T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
- DBA skills in Microsoft SQL or IBM DB2 environments
- Informatica ETL
- Progress OpenEdge
- Advanced Revelation products, PICK or multi-value programming
- SMART on the IBM iSeries
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 6589
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.