Our Client seeks Java Developer to assist their team on a 12 month contract.
Role Profile: You will be working with a mixture of on premise Java enterprise applications backed by Oracle together with Azure cloud applications using Microsoft SQL Server databases. This role will expose you to a wide range of software systems, providing excellent opportunities to learn new technical skills and to develop an in-depth understanding of the financial services industry.
- Developing and maintaining on-premise and Azure based Java applications.
- Implementing unit and integration tests to ensure code is fit for purposes.
- Ensuring code is properly version controlled and production code has been both peer reviewed and security tested.
- Develop with minimal supervision/guidance, upskilling as required.
- Communicate with business analysts, test team members and stakeholders to ensure the requirements are fully defined and well understood and developed code meets requirements, is secure and production ready.
- Estimate development tasks and provide progress updates to the Development Manager.
- Document and share application and system knowledge with others.
- Coordinate with the test team to ensure delivery to test is complete, developer tested, and
- issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Configure application environments and delivery pipelines.
Key Skills & Experience:
- 3 years + experience in commercial development of building Java full-stack applications.
- Excellent Java and Java EE skills using Tomcat
- Practical experience of GIT, SVN and Maven and Ant.
- Experience with cloud technologies including application configuration and deployment, CI and CD.
- Knowledge of Spring, Hibernate/JPA, SOA, REST, SQL and AJAX.
- Java applications running in Azure via App Services, VMs, and Functions. Authentication and authorization models, API Management Services, Storage Accounts, Build Pipelines and Application Insights - Advantageous
- XML/XSL/XSLT for document processing systems - Advantageous
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 8872
Hi, I'm Mark and alongside Clare we look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.