Isle of Man
Our client is looking for a junior software engineer who can help them to design and build payment processing software.
It's easy to take for granted that a contactless payment can get from your card / phone to a merchant with a beep and a few seconds. By joining the team, you'll learn exactly how this works and have the opportunity to develop a system that people rely on to powers millions of card payments across the UK. This will include contactless / Chip & PIN terminals, SoftPOS “tap to phone” payments, online (ecommerce) payments and a slew of tooling to support it. You will never look at your payment card in the same way again…
You will be building and maintaining core payment processing software stack, from infrastructure to interface. You'll work directly with the CTO and other members of the product team. You will have the opportunity to shape the engineering culture in line with the growth of the team and business.
You'll be a key member of a cross-functional team, responsible for the full software development life cycle, including:
- Prioritise and plan projects
- Design and implement improvements
- Write clean, maintainable code to deliver the product roadmap
- Identify, triage, diagnose and fix bugs
- Take ownership of features from UI/UX design to building the backend endpoints that you need
- Code review
- Regular deployment to production
- Maintenance, monitoring and incident response
You will personally have a significant impact on a range of challenging projects including:
- Core payment processing systems including
- EMV Payment Gateway
- Ecommerce Payment System
- Terminal Management System
- Merchant Management System
- Customer dashboards
- Customer mobile app
- Internal tools
You will work with a variety of tools, languages, frameworks and integrations including:
Node.js - Vue.js - Postgres - AWS SQS / SNS - AWS Elastic Beanstalk, WAF, VPC, ALB etc.
Heroku - Bootstrap - React Native - Twilio - GitHub Actions (CI/CD) - Slack / Google Workspace / Missive for communication - GitHub / Linear for project management, issue tracking and code review.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional experience as a full stack developer or similar role. If your primary experience is of a programming course or bootcamp, you will be expected to demonstrate that you have built on those skills by completing personal projects or worked as a freelance developer.
- Good working knowledge of Node.js
- Can-do attitude, self-motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
Desirable but not essential
- Experience with one or more of Vue.js, React Native or Native Android development
- Understanding of Postgres including ORM (Sequelize)
- Working knowledge of AWS
- Understanding of PCI DSS including secure coding practices
- Card payments expertise
You will be primarily based at the office in the Isle of Man. The company will provide full support to any candidate who wishes to relocate to the Isle of Man (see locate.im for more information).
Your specialist: Angie Westmorland
Quote job ref: 13523
Hi I'm Angie, I am working on this amazing opportunity with one of the Island's leading employers, click apply now and I will be in touch.