Our Client looks for a Management Accountant to assist their team on a 4 month contract.
Role Profile: The role requires experience in preparing and submitting UK management accounts, VAT returns, financial statements and tax knowledge, as the companies that you will be working on are UK based companies. There is one Isle of Man company also.
- Working within the Management Accountancy team preparing monthly management accounts and ad hoc reports as necessary
- Timely preparation of VAT and Tax returns
- Weekly imports of data
- Preparation of accurate statutory accounts and financial statements
- Potentially raising sales invoices monthly and ad-hoc
- Reconciliation of payments to various banks
- Process purchase invoices for all companies
- Assist with setting up Audit files where required
- Bank receipts posted weekly
- Banks reconciled on a weekly basis
- Monthly management accounts prepared for a number of specified companies - must be able to explain figures in detail to manager and investigate any anomalies.
- Preparation of VAT and tax returns for review by manager for specified companies.
- Statutory accounts prepared for specified companies in line with year ends for submission to relevant bodies (Companies House or IOM Companies Registry)
- Preparation of audit files for specified companies and ability to answer questions posed by auditors
- Weekly bank balance summary
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts
- Preparation of management accounts for various group companies
- Ad hoc reports as required
Key Skill and Experience:
- Must be able to work on own initiative to achieve desired results
- Able to undertake own research to deal with problems that arise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate with suppliers and internal staff effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Computer literacy essential
- Studying towards a professional qualification preferred
- Creative approach to problem solving necessary
- Ability to develop new ideas
- Good team player
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Must have a positive 'can do' attitude
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 9520
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.