Motor Vehicle Technician
Our client is looking for a Motor Vehicle Technician to join their team.
The Role: The role within the Motor Vehicle Department is to provide technical support through carrying out tasks which are associated with maintaining a safe working environment for both students and staff, preparing materials / mechanical units for practical lesson practices. The role will also include monitoring the use of the Mini buses.
- Assisting the Motor Vehicle Teaching Staff in the management of workshops and laboratories.
- Organising and providing the safe storage, usage, and working of all materials and equipment by both staff and students, in conformity with Health and Safety regulations.
- Assisting staff in the management and the purchase of resources and equipment.
- Safely setting up, preparing learning activities, and / or designing as appropriate, equipment for the use of students and staff.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and repairing such equipment to maintain the work areas in a clean, neat, and tidy fashion.
- Assisting and maintaining an inventory of all the Motor Vehicle Department's equipment, apparatus, and materials.
- Undertaking all appropriate risk assessments, as directed by the Engineering Subject Area Manager and required by Health and Safety legislation and the regulations for the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH).
- Advising the Engineering Staff to ensure that adequate stocks and supplies of consumable materials are maintained for the adequate instruction of students.
- Conducting regular checks on the safety of all equipment in, or used in, the workshops areas, as directed by the Engineering Staff.
- Maintaining work and safety standards in the workshops, providing such supervision of students and their working procedures as is required by the situation and by the Teaching Staff.
- Carrying out such other duties as are required from time-to-time and as are commensurate with the grade of post.
- Ordering appropriate materials, tools and equipment as required for the Motor Vehicle Department.
- Point of contact for reporting any defects found on the mini buses by staff.
- Responsible for reporting defects and liaising for collection regarding repair.
- To ensure that the correct and relevant documentation in each mini bus is in order, first aid kits/ mileage sheets etc.
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 12614
Hi, I'm Mark and I look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.