Operational Risk Analyst
Our client seeks an Operational Risk Analyst to join their team.
Role: To provide specialised risk management support to the Manager and the Head of Operational Risk by supporting the implementation of the WIN Operational Risk Framework, inclusive of Business Continuity-, Fraud-and Information Risk (covering strategy, policy, process, procedural, standards, objectives, metrics and governance) to appropriately manage WIN Operational Risk, in order to avoid operational losses or reputational damage to the WIN organisation.
- Support the Manager and the Head of Operational Risk Management with the implementation of the WIN Operational Risk Framework (covering strategy, policy, process, procedural, standards, objectives, metrics and governance). This Risk Framework includes Business Continuity-, Fraud-and Information Risk in addition to Operational Risk.
- Support the implementation, monitoring and tracking of business risk management through the planning and execution of risk assessments, facilitation of root cause analysis and sourcing indicator data of risks and incidents. Facilitate the implementation of incident management, indicators, remediation plan reporting and Risk Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) implementation within WIN. Ensure that the business captures incidents and the correct risk classification on WIN's operational risk system.
- Review system reports that provide information on incidents logged and assist in the completion of internal risk reporting by sourcing information when required and provide it for interpretation, aggregation and escalation.
- Contribute to determining the business risk profile by facilitating RCSA risk identification and assessment, inclusive of capturing the salient aspects and decisions. Perform evaluation of indicator and incident/loss data for trends that might change the risk profile of WIN and highlight items where the residual risk is too high and prepare and forward recommendations to the Manager Operational Risk for consideration.
- Collate and prepare presentation packs and reports for the Governance Forums.
- Support the roll-out of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) framework, including monitoring that the BCM Forums for WIN are functioning properly.
- Co-ordinate efforts with other team members to minimise duplication of effort, maximise efficiency and value for money. Analyse the effectiveness of cross-functional processes and systems and identify areas for improvement in consultation with own line management.
- Support the Manager and the Head of Risk Management with the rollout of business unit operational risk training and awareness programmes.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the risk and control culture of the organisation through knowledge sharing and the provision of specialist advice, specifically promoting the awareness of the importance of risk management.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Degree, certification and/or professional membership in Risk Management. A degree in Business Commerce or Finance and Accounting or Banking would also be acceptable.
- 1-2 years' experience in Operational Risk Management.
- 1-2 years' experience in Information Risk Management.
- Practical knowledge of risk and control frameworks and application in financial services industry.
- Be fully conversant in risk appetite, risk response and process improvement concepts.
- Understand both operational risk and financial reporting risk characteristics.
- Experience with respect to defending information from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording or destruction.
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 11177
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.