Our client seeks a Paralegal to join their team.
Role Profile: Provision of comprehensive pro-active and re-active legal services to the company. The role will be required to support and advise on legal matters arising from company activity and all matters delegated by the Head of Legal.
- Provide general legal advice as required to protect and promote the company's interests.
- Ensure contracts, including customer and adviser terms, are effectively drafted and evaluated from a legal perspective and deliver timely advice to protect and promote business interests.
- Minimise exposure to litigation, risk and associated costs, including by advising the complaints team.
- Present legal advice in an accessible and influential way and, where appropriate, make recommendations.
- Build and maintain value added and cost effective relationships with external lawyers.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with the business to support business objectives and meet service standards.
- Ensure appropriate links and working relationships are established within the Risk Function to ensure that legal risks across the Group are accurately assessed, managed and minimised.
- Contribute as required to departmental activities and business projects including both internal and external meetings.
- Report effectively on legal issues and risk exposure and recommend escalation actions as appropriate.
- Provide support to the Head of Legal as required.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A Law Degree is desired.
- Relevant legal experience in International financial services on both non-contentious and contentious legal matters.
- Working knowledge of financial products and industry and regulatory practice.
- Strong drafting and communication skills.
- A self-starter who is able to, where appropriate, work independently under pressure, to learn from experience and to take the initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, being able to build relationships, communicate with people at all levels and to engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong organisational skills the ability to manage a variety of tasks and responsibilities while delivering on promises.
- Have the ability to analyse issues and formulate options for resolving problems.
- To be focused and to care about the quality of your work.
- Ability to work within a team, to collaborate and support the existing team and to maintain focus on the common goal.
- Persistent, with a preparedness to persevere to get the right outcomes.
- A desire to ask questions, to absorb information, to learn and be able to apply learning to risk management in the business.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 10473
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.