Our client seeks a Paraplanner to join their team.
Role Profile: To provide support to Financial Advisers within the business. Based in Douglas, working with a team of Paraplanners, you will have the responsibility to provide support to the financial advisor.
- You will be an integral part of the advice process helping advisers and paraplanners to provide expert advice to valued clients.
- The level of support you will provide includes; fund research & Analysis, Product Comparison and analysis, Charges analysis, Compile suitability reports detailing the recommended advice to suit each client's needs, record, monitor and report on progress, report any obstacles or deviations from the agreed timescales to the Financial Adviser, compliance preparation and general administration duties and will be expected to help out the team wherever possible. This list is not exhaustive and full training will be provided.
- You will provide product knowledge based technical information to clients and other contacts, when asked to.
- You will be aware of duties under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism Codes.
- You will embrace the Group's ethos and commitment to providing an outstanding service with the clients' best interest at the heart of all we do.
Key Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years Paraplanning experience.
- Hold the Level 4 Diploma in Financial Planning (or equivalent qualification)
- A least 3 years Paraplanning experience in an IFA environment
- Competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- You will be a team player, who has strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- You will be able to prioritise and manage your workload through excellent time management skills and the use of your initiative.
- You will be adaptive and have the ability to re-organise tasks at short notice.
- You will have a working knowledge of and proficiency in research tolls such as Select a Pension, FE Analytics, Exchange, Assureweb and Cashflow forecasting tools along with MS Word, MS Excel and MS Outlook. An experience of the IFA back office systems such as 'Intelligent Office' is preferred but not essential.
- You will have a high attention to detail and excellent numeracy skills.
- You will have excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- You will have a high attention to client confidentiality
- To prioritise daily activities and respond effectively and efficiently to enquiries.
- To be professional and tactful in all areas of communication with clients and other contacts.
- To provide support to the team, when required, in addition to own duties.
- To build an ongoing relationship with product providers and third parties.
- To take ownership of problems and ensure their successful resolution.
- To grow and maintain a good standard of technical knowledge.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 11174
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.