Part or Newly Qualified Actuary
Our client seeks a Part or Newly Qualified Actuary to join their team.
Role: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Part or Newly Qualified Actuary to join a team of highly skilled actuaries. As an Actuarial, you will gain experience in the key actuarial functions of corporate centre reporting and regulatory reporting, with the potential for additional work in planning, product pricing, risk management and projects. You will be given training in how to produce accurate and timely financial data for regulators, local management, Corporate Centre and other stakeholders.
- Update and maintain existing documentation of procedures.
- Ensure data used in calculations is accurate and free from errors.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Communicate results of any calculations in a clear concise way to other team members and internal or external customers. Communication may be by a range of methods including written reports, presentations, face to face discussions, phone calls or e-mail.
Key Skills & Experience:
- High degree of numeracy.
- Passes or exemptions from some core principles exams of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries.
- Strong degree or equivalent in Maths/Actuarial Science or a related subject.
- Highly computer literate with experience in using Microsoft Excel and Access to an advanced level an advantage.
- A keen interest in data analytics.
- Meticulous in preparing and checking work paying close attention to detail.
- Committed and determined to meeting deadlines.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Self-motivated, curious and pro-active approach to work.
- Strong team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Willing to challenge current processes and practices with a view for improvement.
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 10848
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.