Professional Services Associate Consultant
Our client seeks a Professional Services Associate Consultant to join their team.
Role: This is a technical role, providing post-sales consulting, implementation and support in security and networking solutions. The Professional Services Associate Consultant works with clients and partners remotely and/or onsite on engagements of high complexity. The Associate Consultant has demonstrated their ability to participate in the success of projects from the pre-sales/scoping phase to project closure.
You will focus on design as well as implementation aspects of project delivery, such as requirements analysis & design, and solution implementation and optimization, with any related documentation. Your ability to learn new technologies, products or solution is recognised.
The position requires a team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills who follows a structured approach for designing & implementing solutions. The Associate Consultant mentors team members and shares experience and knowledge every day and works closely with Consultants in supporting the client's transformation aspirations.
- Develops a thorough understanding of the customer engagement (objectives, project scope, business, and technical requirements).
- Leads technical conversations to clarify and assess all aspects of an engagement.
- Plays a driving role in scoping meetings and helps in developing statements of work with the relevant work breakdown structures based on accurate analysis of customers' requirements.
- Performs project risk analysis based on technical elements and implement mitigations plans.
- Participates in design workshops with customers and/or partners and provides input, as necessary.
- Develops and improves project related documents with any required technical architecture diagrams. These documents might include High-Level Design, Low-Level Design, Migration Plan, Test Plan, Methods of Procedures, Network Implementation Plan, As-Built guide, etc...
- Performs deployment, configuration, testing and troubleshooting of Cisco and Meraki security and networking solutions in the customer environment. Work closely with Professional Services team to ensure successful completion of projects.
- Proactively communicates relevant project information to customer and/or management as appropriate.
- Participates to highly visible projects.
- Owns and contributes to the resolution of complex technical escalations in relations to projects in delivery. Interfaces with Customers and other teams.
- Reviews peer documents for technical accuracy and quality assurance.
- Ensures that project documents are accurate, complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Completes and submits internal required administrative tasks (timesheets, activities report, project reports, etc...).
- Continuously works on developing knowledge and skills to remain proficient with the relevant Cisco and Meraki technologies, products, and services by using self-study materials or by attending trainings (as required).
- Proposes and implements changes in relation to Professional Services practices.
- Mentor new hires during onboarding phase. Provide insight on technical aspects as well as procedures and practices.
- Contributes to Professional Services collateral such as templates, methodologies, best practices, or lessons learned.
- Commercial awareness of opportunities to promote products and solutions into customer estates.
- Live the values and promote the professionalism of the company and the PS team to customer and colleagues alike.
- Works closely with Professional Services colleagues as well as the Product and Enterprise sales teams.
- Mandatory participation in the local out of hour's standby and call out scheme with a contractual obligation to provide call out cover for Managed Services in operation
Key Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in LAN/WAN/Internet consulting, support and/or administration.
- 4+ years of experience with Network Security Products.
- A proven experience of delivering and integrating solutions including; VPLS, MPLS, IP Networking, Routing Protocols, BGP, VRRP, IGRP, SIP/IP service integration, Firewall Security, Wired and Wireless LANS, Internet and VPN architectures, and integration with hyperscale cloud environments using Express Route and Direct Connect.
- Product knowledge covering Cisco and Meraki.
- Minimum requirement to have demonstrable experience and maintain Cisco CCNP Routing and Switching
- Vendor experience is a plus.
- Experience working as a Professional Services Engineer.
- Desirable expertise in NGFW and at least 2 of the following technologies: Advanced Thread Protection, Endpoint Security, Application Security, Web Application Firewall, Network Security Management, SIEM, Network Virtualization, Software Defined Networks (SDN).
- Strong knowledge on 3rd party network or security solutions
- Experience in designing and implementing solutions for SMB and Enterprises Scripting or development skills.
- Very good presentation and technical documentation skills.
- Good troubleshooting skills with a structured approach to problem solving. Ability to develop methodologies to progress on the resolution of technical issues.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including senior management, clients, other departments, and executive team.
- Ability to adapt seamlessly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Ability to multitask between several projects and customer engagement and collaborate with peers on projects delivery.
- Flexible working hours.
- Positive customer service attitude with excellent soft skills.
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion through technical sensitivity.
- Strong commitment and self-driven individual.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 11084
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.