Our client seeks a Project Manager to join their team.
Role Profile: To manage lead, control and manage projects across the business. Such projects to be managed from project initiation through to completion, in a manner that ensures that the project objectives are realised on time, within the project budget and to agreed quality standards. To act as a key co-ordinator between project stakeholder business areas and those areas undertaking project activities and developments. To effect the successful integration of business change into operational business areas. To be the project management “expert” in the team and provide mentoring and guidance to other team members and promotion of effective change management across the business.
- Define projects including scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities and ensure they are clear, agreed and communicated to all key stakeholders.
- Plan, structure, track, report on and lead project activity in line with the Change Framework to ensure that stakeholders, dependencies, cost, quality and time are managed within agreed parameters.
- Anticipate, monitor, manage and report on progress, risks and issues in line with the Risk Policy and the Change Framework to protect the project deliverables and benefits defined in the Business Case.
- Deliver short term / one-off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with Line Manager.
- Agree project approach with stakeholders, and prepare realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and track activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate.
- Monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Ensure that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
- Design, establish and lead the project team ensuring the appropriate skills and behaviours are in place to enable project delivery in an efficient and cost-effective way.
- Plan, prepare, approve, deliver and evaluate communications and key messages to ensure the effective flow of information to project team members and stakeholders.
- Build and maintain internal and external business relationships to ensure the effective and successful delivery of project deliverables as defined in the project scope.
- Contribute to the development and promotion of best practice and standards to improve the consistency, efficiency, effectiveness and success of projects.
- Source, select, procure and manage third party suppliers and services in liaison with IT, Legal and Finance departments in accordance with standards, policies and agreements as required by the project.
Portfolio, programme and project support
- Take responsibility for the provision of support services to projects.
- Use and recommend project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects.
- Support programme or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a Project Manager; or minimum of 3 years' experience in the Life Assurance industry, where you have worked in a senior position: e.g. Team Leader, Manager, Technical Specialist, Subject Matter Expert, etc… plus 1 year's experience as a Project Manager.
- Understands the roles of IS within an international financial company.
- Commits to exceeding expectations and needs to internal/external customers, possesses “customer first” mind set.
- In-depth knowledge of Project Planning
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Project Management skills - Interprets quantitative and qualitative information to achieve a cost-effective business-related objective. Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Is tenacious in approach to deliver the project objectives.
- Ability to meet individual project targets and goals.
- Experience of formal project management methodologies.
- Produces effective solutions to complex problems. Identifies underlying trends and issues and does not always stop at initial answer.
- GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Mathematics OR equivalent experience in career history.
- Project Management qualification, e.g. Prince2 or equivalent
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience within the Life Assurance industry.
- Experience of working within software development using the following software development lifecycles:
- Experience of working for an international organisation with offices in different jurisdictions.
- Understanding of the importance of good governance and control to ensure that project systems and solutions meet the expected standard.
- Experience of working in large scale project teams over multiple jurisdictions
- Experience of motivating and leading large project teams
- Experience in creating Agile User Stories and Acceptance Criteria.
- Understanding of SCRUM.
- Expert in report writing & Project Governance and Meeting Facilitation.
- Experience of planning tools (MS Project, Big Picture)
- Experience user of Confluence & JIRA in the execution of project delivery
- Qualifications relevant to the role or previous experience, such as a relevant degree, IT Professional Qualifications or other professional qualifications relevant to the Finance Industry (e.g. IAQ, FPC, etc…).
- Change Management Certification
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 10176
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.