Our client seeks a Regulatory Specialist to join their team.
Role Profile: The core responsibility of this position is to contribute towards the output of a Policy and Advisory Team in order to support the achievement of risk management and regulatory compliance objectives across the business and its supported legal entities. The Policy and Advisory Team focus on four core areas, which are to:
- Identify and understand the firm's applicable financial services legal and regulatory obligations.
- Establish, implement and maintain compliance strategies, policies, procedures and support training to meet these requirements and thereby mitigate the regulatory risks to which a firm is exposed.
- Ensure the business complies with company requirements.
- Provide advice to the business to assist with regulatory and Group Policy matters.
Management & Analysis
- Identify and interpret legal & regulatory requirements, as well as associated guidance and practice notes, released by governments and regulatory bodies in the company's target markets.
- Acting as a receiver of regulatory queries from operational teams, respond conclusively within agreed timescales.
- Perform gap analyses on how relevant external requirements have been translated into policies, standards, and other internal directives like local compliance advice, with a view to providing feedback and assistance in improving the same.
- Support the active use of the company's Compliance Manuals, including ensuring areas relevant to this role are updated as may be required from time to time.
- Critically evaluate risk-related data within Risk Control Self-Assessments, with a view to providing feedback and assistance in improving the quality of the data captured in the risk system.
- Support the Group risk management reporting frameworks through providing 2nd line management information on request.
- As required, travel to other office locations.
- Develop & maintain an in-depth knowledge of the regulatory environments in which the company is active, and how changes in law and regulation impact on its product offering.
- Develop own knowledge of the regulatory environment relating to the company and its supported legal entities.
- Develop a good understanding of the legal & regulatory risks faced by the company and its supported legal entities, and how these feed into the wider business strategy & plan, and in turn the International risk plan.
- Develop own knowledge of the Group operating model, the functional structure of the organisation and its commercial and operational drivers.
- Undertake 30 hours of CPD per year relating to GRC topics.
Stakeholder Engagement, Challenge & Communication
- Proactively build a network of contacts and beneficial relationships.
- Ensure effective collaboration and co-ordination with Chief Risk Officer and risk function senior management, including compliance monitoring staff, other business unit advisers and financial crime subject matter experts.
- Throughout the advisory process, proactively, positively, and constructively engage with stakeholders at all levels to promote a risk-aware culture, and to establish, foster, and maintain strong working relationships.
- Deliver high quality written reporting of regulatory and policy analysis & findings to key stakeholders.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in Group Head Office and other business unit Risk Functions to promote the sharing of best practice across the Group, particularly the Group regulatory monitoring staff.
- Where required, represent the company at Group risk governance meetings in order to share and debate good practices.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Essential. 5 O Levels/GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above, including English and Maths.
- Desired. A graduate with a quantitative or business-related degree, or a candidate holding or working towards a relevant professional qualification.
- Excellent knowledge of, or genuine interest in developing own knowledge of:
- The company's business, operational, and regulatory environments.
- AML/CFT regulations and insurance regulations, including conduct of business, in the Isle of Man and other key financial jurisdictions.
- Liaising with regulators including completing regulatory returns.
- Investment operations, funds and related regulations e.g. UCITS and PRIIPs.
- The discipline of Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), including the three lines of defence model.
- Good experience of:
- Advising operational teams on legal and regulatory compliance matters.
- Processing queries from colleagues, regulatory breaches and notifications.
- Devising and supporting the implementation of procedures and good practices in operational teams.
- Collating and supporting the provision of management information and reports.
- Use of emerging communication technologies and Microsoft applications.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 10477
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.