Our client seeks a Risk Manager to join their team.
Role Profile: The Risk Manager role is primarily responsible for the identification and mitigation of actual and potential enterprise risks. In addition, the role holder will co-ordinate the management information, governance and regulatory reporting, action planning, analysis, and mitigation of business risks within the Bank.
The role is a managerial appointment and will provide personal and professional development opportunities for a motivated individual seeking to specialise in risk management.
- To oversee and manage the local Risk Management Framework; ensuring this is kept up to date, relevant and regularly challenged, as well as reporting KRI performance internally, and externally to the group risk function.
- The management of policy and procedural ('P&P') reviews, taking ownership for risk related P&P in line with the agreed frequency schedule.
- Membership of the local IOM Risk and Compliance Committee ('Comco')
- Support and liaison with directors, management, and staff on risk-related matters, acting as a point of internal reference.
- The development/compilation, maintenance, and reporting of relevant risk-related statistical and management information on a daily, monthly, quarterly basis (as required).
- Liaison with the group's risk function where required to provide statistical information and locally apply best practices identified by group risk.
- The monitoring and analysis of accurate business unit risk reports, on a timely basis, liaising where required with stakeholders to assess risk management gaps and introduce appropriate internal controls to minimise financial losses and/or penalties.
- To assist with risk testing and action planning, reporting their results and observations and co-ordinating with Comco, group audit, external auditors, and the regulator (as required).
- To prepare and co-ordinate annual Business Continuity Planning and testing.
- To act as the H&S Manager for the local businesses and chair the H&S Committee.
- To oversee H&S matters locally, including adherence to agreed testing/maintenance schedules, carrying out periodic H&S evaluations (as required) and maintenance of H&S policies and procedures.
- Deputy to Head of Risk and Compliance as member of the Bank's Asset & Liability Committee ('ALCO').
- To keep informed about relevant local, international and industry specific risk and related matters, including best practice, making recommendations as appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum A Level or equivalent standard with passes in Mathematics and English Language.
- A relevant professional and/or risk management qualification.
- A strong technical understanding of banking risk identification and mitigation.
- Familiarity with relevant H&S and risk management legislation and regulation.
- At least 10 years' banking/financial services experience is preferred, although not necessarily essential.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-confidence with ability to challenge/escalate as required.
- Able to work to deadlines and prioritise their own and others' workloads.
- A logical, analytical approach to problem solving / risk management.
- Enthusiastic, hardworking, and embracing of change.
- Team player with the ability to work closely with others to meet shared deadlines and objectives.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 10851
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.