Our client seeks a Risk Officer to join their team
Role Profile: To lead the development, continuous improvement and ultimately the visibility of the risk management function in identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring, controlling and mitigating the risks faced by the Group and the wider Group of companies.
To pro-actively identify and report on the relevant and material risks whilst promoting and sustaining a sound risk culture by engendering interest and collaboration across the business.
By using other specialists from across the business to research, implement and maintain compliance strategies, policies, procedures whilst supporting current and future business appropriate developments in line with the legal and regulatory obligations incumbent on the business.
- Proactively support the Head of Governance, Risk & Compliance in the planning, designing, implementing and maintaining of an overall risk management process for the Group;
- Proactively perform risk assessments involving analysis of risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business;
- Proactively quantify the organisation's 'risk appetite' and report accordingly;
- Provide risk evaluation, which involves comparing and benchmarking estimated risks with criteria established by the organisation such as costs, legal and regulatory requirement, utilising cross industry referencing where appropriate;
- Ensure risk reporting is completed in an appropriate way for different audiences, for example, to the Board of Directors so they understand the most significant risks; to management to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their departments and to individuals to understand their responsibility for individual risks;
- Escalation of Risk Issues to Management and Board. To include general Incident management e.g. Near misses and Potential Escalation Warnings;
- Undertake business continuity planning, in collaboration with the various Heads of Department including testing and evaluation of tests and exercise;
- Communicate/educate staff to understand their responsibility in regard to business continuity planning and delivery;
- Provide support, education and training to staff and management to build risk awareness within the organisation;
- Assist in the completion of the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment (ORSA);
- Demonstrate current specialist knowledge through commitment to continual professional development specific to the role;
- Perform scheduled Data Quality assurance testing;
- Assist with the implementation of an Internal Control framework; and,
- Create and perform annual risk monitoring exercises.
Key Skills and Experience:
- English and Maths GCSE
- Risk Management qualification (such as Institute of Financial Services Risk Management) or equivalent to have at least 3 years' experience of working in a Risk function
- To have experience in the delivery of an effective risk management framework
- To be able to demonstrate the ability to link 'risks' to business processes
- Meet target times whilst under pressure
- Attention to detail ensuring high quality output at all times
- Analytical & investigative skills
- Presentation and influencing skills
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft office
- Awareness of IOM FSA and FCA regulations
- In depth specialist knowledge of risk management techniques and tools gained through experience
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 9494
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.