Safety & Compliance Officer
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Safety & Compliance Officer to join their team.
Role Profile: Reporting to the Safety & Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day support to the Safety and Compliance Department, including monitoring of the following, crew and vessel certification, regulatory compliance and communications. Additionally, you will also be actively involved in the development and maintenance Safety Management System (eSMS), liaising with Yacht Managers and forms part of the Emergency Response Team.
- Maintain up to date list of current crew serving on Clients' yachts and ensuring that they are correctly certified for their appropriate roles.
- Maintain up to date list of statutory certificates of Clients' yachts and ensuring that they remain valid.
- Assist Crewing and Recruitment Departments with any crew related queries that they may have.
- Assist with the onboard safety and security management of clients receiving these services from us.
- Review yachts' safety and security reports and returns, collate, draft and send feedback message as required by the Safety & Compliance Manager.
- Drafting and despatch or forwarding of any International, Flag, Class, Port State or Company generated safety related messages to the Fleet.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Highly motivated to provide and clients and crew with exceptional levels of service.
- Possessing an above average level of practical knowledge of the international and national maritime regulations (STCW, SOLAS, Maritime Labour Conventions) and a sound understanding of seafarers' certification process.
- Previous experience at sea in the Engineering or Deck Departments
- Systematic work approach and attention to detail.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language is required.
Your specialist: Angie Westmorland
Quote job ref: 13187
Hi I'm Angie, I am working on this amazing opportunity with one of the Island's leading employers, click apply now and I will be in touch.