Senior Application/Software Developer
Our client seeks a Senior Application/Software Developer to join their team.
Role: Your duties will primarily revolve around building software by writing code, as well as modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces. You will also be involved in directing system testing and validation procedures, and also working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance. This opportunity, for the right and successful candidate, could develop into a Lead role.
- Provide Technical Mentorship, Guidance and Steer to Team.
- Troubleshoot Technical Issues with Team.
- Implementing the best practices and coding standards as agreed with Team and Leads.
- Escalating blockers and/or concerns to the Manager.
- Conduct Code Reviews with Team Members - Code Quality Assurance.
- Assist in creating visibility on delivery with manager and wider business.
- Decision making autonomy and support within the parameters of role.
- Represent team in technical and business requirement meetings when requested by Manager.
- Collaborate and work with the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) within the team to make the best technical decisions for the applications and estate.
- Work with Team to provide architectural and design requirements by producing Low Level Designs (LLD's).
- Support Business Requirement documentation (Solution Assessments, Business Cases, etc.) with Technical input and steer.
- Work with the team to use appropriate engineering practices, invests in continual improvements to tooling or technical debt, and that the system evolves to meet its changing needs and environment.
- Assisting the Development Manager with all aspects of software design and development.
- Attending and contributing to company development meetings, workshops and discussions.
- Learning the codebase and technology stack being utilised across the company's applications.
- Writing and maintaining code.
- Hunt and fix bugs.
- Monitoring the technical performance of internal systems.
- Gathering information about program functionality.
- Developing reports where needed.
- Conducting development testing and validation procedures.
- Modifying software to fix errors, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, or upgrade interfaces.
- Directing software programming and documentation development.
- Preparing reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Conferring with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- Consulting with departments or customers on project status and proposals.
- Working with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analysing information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consulting with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
Key Skills & Experience:
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 5 years + work experience in Software/Application Development.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience as a Senior Software/Application Developer.
- Experience as a Technical/Team Lead would be considered a plus.
- Practical in-job knowledge and skills in .NET coding languages (C# .Net / .Net Core) and technologies/toolsets.
- Deep programming language knowledge and experience.
- Working with both Web/API Applications & Service Applications.
- Knowledge of databases and operating systems.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- The desire to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop unit testing of code components or complete applications.
- Be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
- Experience working on a variety of software development projects.
- Analytical, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to learn new software and technologies quickly.
- Ability to follow instructions and work in a team environment.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 10861
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.