Senior Compliance Administrator - Business Control
Our client seeks a Senior Compliance Administrator (Business Control) to join their team.
Role Profile: To supervise and be responsible for regulatory and Group requirements in managing and controlling risk exposure arising within Banking, principally from Operational and Anti-Money Laundering Risks in line with procedures and processes that exist to minimise the risk to the bank.
- To support the management of the Business Control Unit (“BCU”) and act as a source of guidance and expertise within the business as appropriate.
- To accurately monitor Risk & Compliance following the banks policies and procedures.
- Assist with the administration of Operational and Anti-Money Laundering Risks within the business to ensure that the bank is not exposed to unacceptable levels of risk and report any significant issues to management.
- Undertake client reviews, (CBB, IPB, and IWI), as per the schedule and in line with the Client take on and maintenance manual, ensuring that clients are correctly classified as per the Compliance Guidance Note on Client classification and updating the schedule accordingly.
- Undertake trigger reviews, where applicable, in line with procedure.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of client transactions and source of funds as required, including the monitoring and review of daily alerts from various information sources.
- Conduct retrospective monitoring of Static Data Changes focussing on address changes which increase the possible level of client risk to the Bank.
- Act as a point of contact within the business in respect of account queries such as Source of Funds documentation.
- Assist with the releasing of payments over accounts that are subject to internal posting restrictions.
- Assist in the review of payments that have been flagged by sanction monitoring software.
- Assist in the review of payments that have been queried by the correspondent bank.
- Assist with managing of deceased account processes.
- Assist in the review of account holders that have been flagged by our sanction / PEP monitoring software.
- Assist with cases involving fraud/attempted fraud.
- Assist with Operational and Anti-Money Laundering Risk monitoring for the bank.
- Assist with Mandate update records, control and monitoring.
- Be willing to learn other BCU duties undertaken by colleagues and be a team player.
- Maintain an awareness and comply with all Anti Money Laundering laws, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to the Bank.
- Comply with all policies and procedures relevant to the role.
- Proactively build Stakeholder/Client Relationships with all segments in TOG and wider organisation.
- Liaise directly with clients / RMs in respect of associated accounts and transactions, and in doing so to demonstrate clarity regarding our regulatory requirements, whilst demonstrating understanding and empathy with the client's position.
- Support, manage and maintain relationships with designated stakeholders and teams to ensure ongoing confidence and trust.
- Meet effective and efficient operational requirements
- Adhere to completing allocated work within given timeframes.
- Achieve daily and weekly targets, by operating in an effective yet productive manner, through optimal use of time.
- Ensure a high quality of work at all times, proactively seek feedback on outputs.
- Report any shortfalls in service to line manager.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Ideally, a minimum of 3 years' financial services experience, preferably in a Risk, AML or Compliance department, with a thorough understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and Operational Risk matters.
- General awareness of risk management practices in a financial services organisation.
- The ability to apply risk management tools, assess, process and identify possible fraud within a defined system or core process.
- The ability to handles queries effectively and formulate appropriate responses.
- Sound knowledge of the Bank's laid down policies and procedures as it relates to the processing of customer transactions.
- The ability to respond to client requirements, queries and complaints and log order entries into relevant company system.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 10237
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.