Senior Development Engineer (Mobile & Fixed)
Our client seeks a Senior Development Engineer (Mobile & Fixed) join their team.
Role Profile: Work as part of the Mobile & Fixed Development Team developing and implementing new or enhanced network services, capacity expansion or upgrades into the Mobile & Fixed networks. Able to take the lead on basic tasks of design and implementation with minimal supervision from the Head of Development, or a more senior Development Engineer, and support more senior Development Engineers on more complex tasks. Also expected to support the Operations teams as required for fault or incident escalations. The successful candidate will be expected to have specialist knowledge in more than one area of the domain.
- Input to BRS and SA activities to Product Management & Solution Architects.
- Provide work estimates and progress reports for project managers.
- Create appropriate design documentation.
- Carry out Implementation & Testing (For new systems & in conjunction with Operations for existing systems).
- Raise change requests as appropriate.
- Handover to Operations with appropriate documentation.
- Handle Work Requests.
Third line Support to Operations
- Provide escalation support to Operations teams.
- Interface to business for forecasting input.
- Establishing & management capacity engineering guidelines.
- Planning expansion projects.
- Support Head of Core Network Development with Product evolution & roadmap management - upgrade planning Technical interface to Vendors - TRMs etc.
- Manage technical aspects of Vendor contracts & pricebooks.
- Agree and manage technical work packages with Vendors.
- Support Head of Core Network Development with Project Equipment & Services costs.
People & Performance Management
- Help identify, deliver and drive own individual objectives in conjunction with your line manager.
- Help identify, deliver and drive own individual training & development needs in conjunction with your line manager.
- Offer technical assistance and guidance as required to others.
- Assist your line manager with creating and maintaining a team of motivated, engaged and committed, highly skilled individuals.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience working with similar development domain.
- Good IP Design Skills.
- Good understanding of Routing (OSPF, BGP etc) / Switching (STP, ARP etc) Protocols.
- Good understanding of Firewall Design/Implementation Principals (Routing, Policy-Based Security, NAT etc).
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently at times as well as collaboratively as part of a cohesive team.
- Great written/verbal skills and able to communicate up to Head of Networks both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to listen and capture requirement accurately.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior engineers effectively.
- Flexible and ability to work well under pressure.
- Analytical, evaluative and good problem-solving abilities.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Good understanding of L4-7 Application Principals (SIGTRAN, DIAMETER, GTP, SIP etc).
- Strong core mobile network experience (both voice and data core networks ideally but not essential).
- Knowledge of signalling systems and network analysers.
- A background in M2M/IOT environments.
- HNC/D or Degree in Electronic/Telecommunications or related technical discipline.
- Cisco CCNP/IP/DP.
- Experience working in an ITIL based environment.
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 10259
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.