Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their team.
Role: Working as the second lead infrastructure engineer you will ensure that both Data Centre systems and client's sites are running smoothly. This team is responsible for looking after a variety of responsibilities across implementations, presales, and 2nd / 3rd line IT support, within the Group and to the datacentre, customers and managed remote client sites.
- Design, purchase, and build various server configurations for our clients (e.g., Hyper-V failover servers, S2D clusters)
- Perform design changes, maintenance and upgrades on our VMWare, MS S2D, MS SDN infrastructures
- Provide Level-3 support to our ITIL helpdesk and SOC
- Take part ownership of configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company's security team
- Liaise with clients, vendors, and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven hands-on level 3 IT infrastructure and support experience (within an MSP environment would be useful).
- MCSE or higher.
- Expertise in Windows Server roles (e.g. AD, Exchange, RDS, DHCP, DNS), and Azure / hybrid architectures.
- Expertise in MS365 tenancy, apps, and tools.
- Expertise in ITIL driven ticket management.
- Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
- Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot infrastructure devices.
- Ability to create accurate infrastructure diagrams and documentation for design and planning.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, and dependable and flexible when necessary.
- Infrastructure security experience.
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 11739
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.