Senior Manager - Funds
Our client seeks a Senior Manager to join their Funds team.
Role: A senior position requiring strong managerial skills in order to manage, lead and direct the group to ensure workload is completed accurately, effectively and efficiently. It is essential that this post holder has a minimum of five years' relevant experience in an offshore environment and an appropriate professional qualification in order to manage, market and promote the group effectively. Proven communication, time management and organisational skills are essential to motivate and develop staff in order to maintain and improve the professional service offered to clients.
- To guide, motivate and oversee all staff within the Fund Services and Investor Services to ensure workloads are undertaken professionally and without risk to the Company or clients.
- To ensure all group workloads are completed to the highest standards, within the agreed timescales and that the objectives of the group are fulfilled.
- To lead by example and be a role model for junior members of both your team and the organisation.
- To develop close working relationships with all clients within the group and to strengthen key relationship through regular contact.
- To ensure absolute compliance with KYC procedures in order to maintain knowledge of the client business.
- To manage and lead the team and to seek views of all group members prior to decision-making; to include the definition of team roles and responsibilities, delegation of workloads and the development and support of each group member. This includes training guidance, career development and the maximisation of potential.
- To lead, motivate and oversee all Fund Services and Shareholder Services staff to ensure their workloads are undertaken professionally and without risk to the Company or clients. Performance targets set for staff should be motivating and encourage excellence.
- To ensure prompt delivery of fund valuations are carried out effectively and in a timely manner and provide technical support and advice (including unusual valuation and accounting matters).
- To ensure realistic financial targets (including utilisation) for the group are met; this includes budget-setting and monitoring progress against budget.
- To review marketing opportunities on a continual basis and to develop a network of key or prospective clients and intermediaries, identifying and conveying suggestions for improvement and growth of services.
- To ensure the achievement of relevant CPD hours annually.
- To ensure that the Group's CPD are relevant and appropriate and that records are maintained and updated regularly.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Professional qualification or other related university or tertiary qualification (e.g. ACCA, ACA)
- A minimum of 7 years' professional experience preferably within the Funds industry.
- An enhanced level of fund accounting and financial instrument valuation practices.
- High competence in IFRS/UK/US GAAP financial statements to audit standard.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally.
- Good ability to manage workload and that of others.
- Willing to develop management skills through training and development.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Develops a close working relationship with staff, providing guidance on client matters when asked or needed.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite of programs.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients and colleagues and exercises discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
- Highly organised team player who is a self-starter, enthusiastic, flexible, well presented and dedicated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good all round organisational skills.
- Delegate, checks and controls the teams workloads, ensuring there is an appropriate level of staff available at all times to provide efficient service to clients.
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 11175
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.