Senior Onboarding Officer
Our client seeks a Senior Onboarding Officer to join their team.
Role: To monitor and review all new personal account applications from the various distribution channels within the business, providing assistance with training/support/checking of new starters' applications and sign off of 'Standard & Medium Risk' rated accounts ensuring that these are in line with regulatory, internal and group requirements, contributing to a positive overall client experience.
- Conduct Onboarding review of all new personal account applications from the various distribution channels within the business ensuring that new accounts are reviewed within pre-agreed time scales.
- Review files and information on potential new clients of all risk ratings, identifying deficiencies and following up on all queries to resolution and ensure that new business reviews are conducted in line with the Onboarding Manual updated from time to time by Compliance.
- Validate source of funds/wealth in line with Compliance guidelines and ensure that relevant business/compliance approval is obtained prior to account opening.
- Undertake relevant searches mainly via the internet and Accuity/FinScan to highlight adverse media, PEP connections, sanctions considerations and corroborate activities / SOW
- Prepare account opening packs for Compliance/Director approval/sign off and perform sense check on Tax classification.
- Conduct training/checking of all new starters personal account applications from the various distribution channels within the business, including assessing and allocating new business and team tasks daily to trainees and acting as point of contact for the team/trainee for Technical On-Boarding guidance.
- Conduct sign off of 'Standard & Medium Risk' rated accounts from the various distribution channels within the business within pre-agreed time scales and once satisfied the file is complete and in line with the Onboarding Manual
- Ensure that daily post is logged to team spreadsheet supporting work allocation, that daily application figures are added to the team board to allow team and manager oversight and allocation of work.
- Raise Suspicious Activity Reports to the MLRO as required within the relevant timeframes and refer to Compliance when necessary / if in doubt with the information presented within relevant timeframes. Ensure AML/KYC exceptions are granted from Compliance as and when necessary.
- Review, challenge and amend Quality Assurance Static Data findings.
- Undertake and participate in specific projects and activities as required to support the business. Contribute to the planning and execution of new projects or system implementation initiatives which will impact Investment Services.
- Monitor service levels and offerings and create a collaborative and client focused relationship with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver solutions that are effective, pragmatic, and risk appropriate.
Key Skills & Experience:
- 5 GCSE's, with grade C or above in Maths and English Language
- A level or equivalent in the field of Business Commerce
- A level or equivalent in the field of Finance and Accounting
- Higher Certificate in the field of Business Commerce (preferred)
- AML or Compliance related qualifications would be beneficial, but not essential
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 10672
Hi, I'm Mark and alongside Stuart we look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.