Senior Operational Controller
Our client seeks a Senior Operational Controller to join their team.
Role Profile: To provide front office support and operations oversight for the investment business. To ensure timely production of deliverables, efficient resolution of issues and effective operational controls.
- Understand and be able to trouble-shoot across the end-to-end operating models with “service providers”.
- Perform transactional processing including Corporate Actions, Trades, Dividends, Payments, Prices, and Fees across all platforms.
- Monitor transaction status and reconciliation reports. Ensure that exceptions are dealt with swiftly, within the agreed service standards.
- Provide the required support for client cash inflows and outflows.
- Respond effectively to queries from portfolio managers and dealers.
- Respond effectively to queries from service providers and other external parties (e.g. custodians, banks, fund administrators/transfer agents).
- Respond effectively to queries from internal parties (e.g. Finance, Performance, and Risk & Compliance).
- Become proficient at using the investment and reporting systems
- Review client reports and work with the relevant service providers and portfolio manager to ensure highest quality output and delivery to clients.
- Run and distribute reports for external/internal use and tax/regulatory purposes as required.
- Review service metric reports from service providers and perform oversight control duties.
- Record all issues raised with service providers and track progress through to resolution to include review of SLD and tracking of KPIs
- Support the new client take-on process including documentation, system set-up and web access.
- Maintain and update compliance rules in relevant systems.
- Cross train to be able to provide back-up support for Deputy Head of Operational Control.
- Deputise for the Deputy Head of Operational Control.
- Provide auxiliary support to the Dealing Team
Projects and Other Tasks:
- Maintain, review and enhance written procedures for Operational Control functions.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and present findings to the Operational Control management team.
- Drive the implementation of process improvements as agreed with management.
- Identify and implement improvements to the internal MI
- Offer support to implement regulatory changes that impact the processes and people
- Assist with ensuring compliance with Controls framework, to include liaising with numerous auditors both internal and external.
- Establish, along with Deputy Head of Operational Control, training plans for new starters within the Operational Control team
Key Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years in fund administration or investment administration ideally with supervisory and client service experience.
- Experience in dealing with 3rd party service providers including creation/review of SLD and KPI frameworks
- Sound understanding of investment management operations including relevant knowledge of the industry, market and instruments
- Understanding of regulatory obligations such as MiFID II & EMIR.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Should be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 9834
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.