Senior Payments Administrator
Our client is looking for a Senior Payments Administrator to join their team.
The Role: To effect payments, handle exceptions and queries, administer products and meet stakeholder needs through various channels. To assist the manager in managing workflows and ensuring that work load is managed and distributed across the team and support junior team members in the execution of their duties in order to provide consistently high levels of customer service
- Provide specialist technical support to the payments team by validating, authorising, processing and releasing outward payments accurately and timeously to ensure that service levels are adhered to.
- Book and process foreign exchange transactions as per the defined policies and procedures accurately and timeously to ensure that service levels are adhered to.
- Perform reconciliations on all Nostro accounts that are allocated to the unit using the automated reconciliations system, ensure that all reconciliation breaks are managed/cleared and where appropriate, escalated to the appropriate business area for investigation and clearance to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Participate in and support the resolution of queries relating to Payment investigations, as well as any suspicious activity, reconciliation issues and other concerns that are raised either by the team or by the system, inform the Manager and the Operational Risk team of any significant risks and monitor the resolution of these queries to mitigate against the risk of loss for both the bank and the client.
- Identify and escalate any suspicious activity to the manager particularly when it could put the bank at the risk of loss or It is in contravention with Anti-Money Laundering/Know Your Customer regulations, to enable the effective and efficient mitigation of risks.
- Manage inward and outward payment queues to support the manager with allocation of work and ensure that all requests are processed efficiently and in adherence to agreed SLAs
Key Skills and Experience:
- 5 GCSE's with minimum grade C in both Maths and English Language
- Experience within Operations environment for 3-4 years
- Payment experience desirable but not essential
Your specialist: Angie Westmorland
Quote job ref: 12339
Hi I'm Angie, I am working on this amazing opportunity with one of the Island's leading employers, click apply now and I will be in touch.