Senior Product Manager
Our client seeks a Senior Product Manager to join their team.
- The role of a Senior Product Manager involves guiding and managing the activities charged with product line contribution. The functions attributed to this role are inclusive of efforts to increase the profitability of already existent products through simplification and modernisation, as well as the development of new products for the business. The role aids in the development of new and developed versions of existent products and in the development of new product ideas based on experience and interactions with customers and internal stakeholders.
- The Senior Product Manager will be an individual who possesses a blend of business and technical savvy; a vision, and a drive that transforms that vision into a reality. The individual is one who is extremely comfortable in the market/field in order to understand the market needs and come up with innovative solutions through the business's product.
- The individual must also be very willing and able to communicate across multiple levels within the business. This is because this position requires the individual to work closely with the various stakeholders in order to determine product requirements. The individual will also work closely with the marketing and sales departments in an effort to determine the best market strategies, offering product positioning advice, as well as target customer base.
- In addition to this, the Senior Product Manager also serves as an internal and external evangelist for the business's product, working hand-in-hand with the sales departments. The position of Senior Product Manager demands a great deal of collaboration with numerous departments in the business, working cross functionally across all departments. The individual will develop strong relationships between all departments that allow for the smooth and efficient flow of product activities and customer experience of the product, the establishment of trust with crucial partner teams both internal and external.
- An especially vital part of collaboration, the individual will work together with technical departments in order to guarantee that they are constantly meeting customers needs and resolving issues as they emerge and evolve and to ensure that product specifications based on product/market requirements are followed to completion.
- This role is responsible for managing the product line life cycle all the way from the strategic planning to tactical initiatives. The role specifies the market requirements in relation to the business's product. That is both for existent and future products based on market research realised through interactions with the internal stakeholders, customers and partners.
- The role regularly performs competitive, pricing, profitability analyses, which are used to recommend strategies that will improve the business's product's market position, enable cost reduction, and improve quality over product competition. This research enables the product line departments to manage their individual product lines based on accurate and factual information leading to a better execution of their duties/functions. This role will also be involved in product promotion, evangelising the product's strong points, in conjunction with the sales department, to customers during their interactions; promoting the product's core functionalities, values, and benefits.
Key Skills & Experience:
- >5 years in a product management and programme environment
- Mobile Communications industry experience
- Tertiary qualification in related field (Business, Electronics, Engineering)
- Working knowledge of Product Lifecycle Management
- Project Management qualifications (PRINCE / Sigma)
Your specialist: Sally Fenton
Quote job ref: 10901
Hi, I'm Sally and this is one of the job roles I am looking after for this super business. If this job is of interest for you, please submit your CV and we will come back to you to arrange the next staging.