Senior Software Developer - iSeries
Our client seeks a Senior Software Developer - iSeries
Role Profile: Responsible for the design and development of strategic software solutions, ensuring that requirements are met, best practices are followed and that all software developed is of a high quality and robust nature. Working with Project Managers, Product Owners, Architects, Business Analysts and Testers the successful Developer will share responsibility for project feasibility, requirements, design, development, quality and delivery. Working positively and effectively within teams of mixed abilities and experience and be adaptable within changing environments.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Good analysis, problem solving & decision-making ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and a proven track record of successful delivery
- Initiative and self-motivation along with the ability to multitask are essential
- Ability to work positively and effectively within a team
- Flexibility & adaptability in a changing environment
- Good time management through effective planning & prioritisation of tasks
- Comprehensive commercial experience of Cobol, CL, and SQL
- Extensive knowledge of running Batch and On-Line systems
- Knowledge of the Software Delivery Life Cycle process and working within an application delivery methodology
- Experience in all phases of design, estimation, development, implementation and ongoing support of quality, software solutions
- Experience of working in the Life Assurance industry
- Experience of working with Policy Administration Systems
- Experience of ALDON Change Management Software
- Working knowledge of the IBM i (iSeries) including APIs, application development, operations, communications, authorities, security system settings, object work management, object creation, dependency relationships, file management and database relationships.
- Any experience of XML, XSLT and/or PHP and HTML
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 12011
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.