Senior Trust Officer
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Senior Trust Officer to join their team.
Role Profile: To provide and maintain a superior level of effective trust administration and service to advisers, settlors and beneficiaries of trusts and to lead a small team of trust officers administering trusts for internal trust companies. To be able to act as an effective deputy for the Trust Company Manager.
- High calibre of Written and Verbal communication internally/externally
- Proficient in dealing with advisers, clients and all other parties associated with the trust or the underlying bond via telephone, letters and email.
- Second checking/authorisation for other team members when required
- Distributing emails/post and allocating work across the team as required
- Deal with complex queries seeking additional technical guidance as necessary and act as a point of referral for junior officers.
- Adhering to all regulatory legislation and guidance and ensuring AML/CFT and all other compliance requirements are met
- Working as part of a team and acting as a role model to lead the UITS team of trust officers
- Working to, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to vet new trust business applications
- Ability to process annual reviews (and all associated tasks) and highlight issues, and process any amendments to trust or client information
- Ability to vet and process investment switch requests
- Ability to vet and process requests for distributions to beneficiaries, assignments and payment requests
- Liaise effectively with colleagues across the business to ensure interdepartmental tasks are completed effectively
- Make and document recommendations for Trust Forum's consideration when required and serve as a member of the Trust Forum.
- Ability to liaise with Technical areas in relation to more complex issues together with skills to update process notes accordingly
- Service standards are met
- Achievement of objectives set at Team and individual level.
- Satisfactory Audit and Business Risk review results
- Procedural documentation kept up to date and accurate at all times
- Quality of work produced is of a high standard of and that the relevant processes are followed
- Other team members are trained to an acceptable level
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Financial Services
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to draft/compose high standard of ad hoc letters/faxes
- Considerable experience within a customer facing administration role
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work within a team or on own initiative
- Can maintain a high level of accuracy and still work within agreed service standards
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Good team player
- Desirable to have at least one year's experience within a Life Company or Trustee Services Provider
- Desirable to be proactive and keen to expand knowledge and take on new tasks
- Desirable to have positive can-do attitude
- Desirable to have ability to achieve tight deadlines
- Desirable to be flexible/adaptable to changing priorities
- Desirable to have considerable experience of working within a team environment
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 13520
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.