Service Operations Technician
Our client seeks a Service Operations Technician to join their team.
You will be working as part of a 24/7/365 team to ensure the effective network management of the Core Networks and systems. The shifts are 12 hours, working 4 on and 4 off. Provision of key Network and Wholesale Services and delivering technical 1st/2nd line support, in addition to supporting several key areas around the business including Cyber Security, Customer Technology Services, Business Services and Network Services among others.
- Monitor, manage and control all networks on a continual 24/7 basis
- Work alongside the Security Manager to ensure security issues are addressed quickly and ensure that potential incidents are correctly identified, analysed, defended and reported
- Monitor and report on Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Vulnerability Management
- Provide 1st line support and alarm analysis on all Networks and provide notification to customers as appropriate
- Manage Incidents relating to our services
- Support the Change Management Processes to ensure that planned works are scheduled and communicated appropriately
- Provide 2nd Line Support for on and off Island Wholesale Services
- Support the Wholesale Field teams in the delivery of Wholesale Services and Products
- Provide IT Desktop Support services, including Office 365, Active Directory and VMWare
- Provide out of hours' support to the CTS Customers and Datacentres
- Provide basic Building Management Support including security services
- Support the onboarding and maintenance of new and existing roaming partners, completing industry standard set of tests for services
- Completion of all task assigned by the Manager/Team Leader within agreed targets and to required standards
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least 5 GSCE (A-C) grades showing that you can apply yourself
- Industry recognised qualification (eg ONC, CCNA or MCSE) would be highly beneficial
- 2 years IT or Telecom Network experience
- Some ITIL knowledge and Change Management
- Good knowledge of MS applications, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- IT Desktop Support
- Experience in a 24x7x365 environment would be beneficial
- A strong desire to learn from those around you
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and can communicate clearly
- A great attention to detail
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Also hold a Full and clean driving licence.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 9245
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.