Software Developer / Business Analyst
Our client seeks a Software Developer / Business Analyst to join their team.
Role: To develop and produce informative and accurate information systems and solutions in line with business requirements. The company is seeking a Developer / Business Analyst with exposure to business processes related to stock control, purchasing and manufacturing. The product range covers items which are manufactured by the company themselves and products which are sourced from far-East based suppliers so any exposure to this kind of multi-site setup would be advantageous.
In this role, the ability to understand the Business aspects of potentially complex requirements is as important as producing the solution from a technical perspective. From a technical perspective this role requires a Developer who is not constrained to a small number of technologies.
- Enthusiastic about new technologies and willing to learn new skills as the business requires
- Develop and support existing in-house systems primarily using SQL, C#, VB.net, ASP.net, Java
- Develop QlikView dashboard solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Ensure data transformations are accurate and understood prior to use in the QlikView system
- Escalate data inconsistencies highlighted by the use of QlikView to the Group IT Director
- Ensure scripts, reports and Dashboards are written to ensure the smooth performance of all systems
- Test and evaluate the impact on new processes across all systems. Don't work in isolation
- Work with the Group IT Director and other areas of the Business to understand requirements and formulate plans to facilitate change
- Changes to Systems and Configuration should be planned and documented in Service Desk
- All Changes should have approval from the Group IT Director
- Maintain a safe, clean and tidy work environment for yourself and end users
- Occasional visits to sites around the UK, Europe, Isle of Man as required to carry out training, maintenance or installations
- SQL Server 2008 / 2014
- EFACS E/8 ERP or similar ERP
- Writing code in SQL,C#,VB.net, ASP.net, Java
- Agile Processes
- A computer-related degree
- Web Services
- SSIS, SSRSand Data Transformation
- QlikView BI tool
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 11115
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.