Specialist Banking Risk & Conduct
Our client seeks a Banking Risk & Conduct Specialist to join their team.
Role: To supervise and be responsible for regulatory and Group requirements in managing and controlling risk exposure arising within Banking principally from Operational and Anti-Money Laundering Risks in line with procedures and processes that exist to minimise the risk to the Bank. To support the management of the Banking Risk and Conduct team (BRCT) and act as a source of guidance and expertise within the business as appropriate. To provide assistance to the Banking Risk Manager.
- Assist with the administration of Operational and Anti-Money Laundering Risks within the business to ensure that the Bank is not exposed to unacceptable levels of risk and report any significant issues to management.
- Be the teams' subject matter expert for data handling by fulfilling the following requirements:
- Demonstrate ability to handle data primarily in Excel;
- Provide analysis and insight into AML/CFT risk-related aspects of client records;
- Conduct regular data handling exercises to provide the team with base data on which to conduct risk-based monitoring work; and
- Assist with the design, implementation and testing of various systems developments, upgrades and process automation.
- Take on the role of team trainer and in conjunction with the BR Manager, devise team training plans and then deliver them to new and existing team members
- Assist with managing of deceased account processes
- Assist with Mandate update records, control and monitoring
- Assist with cases involving fraud/attempted fraud
- Assist with Operational and Anti-Money Laundering Risk monitoring for the Bank
- Maintain an awareness and comply with all Anti-Money Laundering laws, regulations, policies and procedures relevant to the Bank
- Act as a point of contact within the business in respect of account queries such as Source of Funds documentation
- Assist with the releasing of payments over accounts that are subject to internal posting restrictions
- Assist in the review of payments that have been flagged by sanction monitoring software
- Assist in the review of payments that have been queried by the company's correspondent Bank
- Assist in the review of account holders that have been flagged by sanction / PEP monitoring software
- Undertake client reviews (CBB, IPB, AND IWI) as per the schedule and inline with the Client take on and maintenance manual, ensuring that clients are correctly classified as per the Compliance Guidance Note on Client classification and updating the schedule accordingly
- Undertake trigger reviews, where applicable, in line with procedure
- Conduct ongoing monitoring of client transactions and source of funds as required, including the monitoring and review of daily alerts from various information sources
- Conduct retrospective monitoring of Static Data Changes focusing on address changes which increase the possible level of client risk to the Bank
- Liaise directly with clients in respect of associated accounts and transactions, and in doing so to demonstrate clarity regarding regulatory requirements, whilst demonstrating understanding and empathy with the clients' position
- Support, manage and maintain relationships with designated stakeholders and teams to ensure ongoing confidence and trust
Key Skills & Experience:
- Educated to A level standard
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years' financial services experience, preferably in a Risk, AML or Compliance department, with a thorough understanding of Anti-Money Laundering and Operational Risk matters
- General awareness of risk management practices in a financial services organisation
- The ability to apply risk management tools, assess, process and identify possible fraud within a defined system or core process
- The ability to handles queries effectively and formulate appropriate responses
- The ability to respond to client requirements, queries and complaints and log order entries into relevant company system
Your specialist: Pam Dixon
Quote job ref: 10840
Hi, I'm Pam and I can help you with your submission to this role. Simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.