Specialist, Compliance Monitoring
Our client seeks a Compliance Monitoring Specialist to join their team
Role Profile: To complete high quality reviews from planning to reporting and contribute to the global implementation of the Group Compliance Monitoring methodology and processes to ensure all legal entities are conducting business in accordance with relevant regulations, applicable codes of conduct and within best business practice and drive the development and implementation of a combined assurance approach across all Compliance Assurance Functions.
- Contribute to the development of risk-based Compliance Monitoring Plans to ensure coverage of key compliance risks across the Standard Bank Group.
- Deliver high quality reports regarding compliance risks that have been identified through compliance monitoring reviews and provide recommendations on sustainable remediation programmes.
- Escalate significant compliance risks to the Head, Group Compliance Monitoring in order to report significant compliance risks identified through compliance monitoring reviews to Governance Committees, Group Compliance and Governance Forums.
- Contribute to and inculcate conscientious leadership practices, promoting Compliance Monitoring as a meaningful value and building Compliance Monitoring into a strength across the Group. Apply the knowledge of the regulatory environment and Business Units to enhance awareness of regulatory obligations through the performance of quality monitoring reviews.
- Implement the annual risk-based Compliance monitoring plan which strategically covers key Compliance risk exposures across the Group in line with the Group Compliance Monitoring Methodology.
- Report on the progress of remediation programmes ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements and that sustainable solutions are developed and implemented.
- Take ownership for reporting issues raised during reviews to ensure effective resolution of issues within agreed timeframes.
- Execute the Compliance Reviews to ensure monitoring reviews are strategic, thematic and structural to deliver the required level of assurance within the agreed timelines.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Educated to degree level
- 3-4 years' experience in a compliance setting
- Experience in compliance monitoring, auditing or risk management within a financial services organisation or one of the big four auditing forms. Experience in leading a team of Risk and Compliance specialist and working with business unit Heads to deliver on risk mitigation
- 3-4 years Overall experience in the Corporate and Investment Banking sector with an understanding of the how the business and products are structures and operate
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 12507
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.