System Support Analyst
Role Profile: The System Support Analyst plays a key role in the provision of Application Support for internal & external customers of the Group. Working as part of a small team, the System Support Analyst will primarily be focused on delivering an exceptional standard of support and problem resolution services to customers. It is also the responsibility of this role to perform batch operations on the company's core applications; as such the System Support Analyst will be expected to perform these duties working as part of a shift rota.
Customer service support:
- Provide 1st line support on all tickets raised through the Customer Service Desk, ensuring:
- Tickets are responded to in a timely manner.
- The information recorded within the ticket is of good quality, where this is not the case, the System Support Analyst will liaise with the relevant customer to improve.
- Tickets are allocated/escalated to the correct IS team where necessary.
- A complete history is maintained within the ticket.
- Create, own and maintain documented procedures to aid System Support Team functions/responsibilities.
- Create, own and maintain knowledge base/'how-to' articles for the Customer knowledge base repository.
- Meet agreed service levels.
- Take responsibility and ownership to achieve resolution.
- Prioritise and diagnose incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Investigate causes of incidents and seek resolution.
- Escalate unresolved incidents.
- Facilitate recovery, following resolution of incidents.
- Document and close resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Ensure that such problems are fully documented within the relevant reporting system(s).
- Proactively document new and existing knowledge to aid others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to share knowledge/information with others to succeed.
- Work towards achieving foundation certificate in ITIL Service Management.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 years' experience of working within an IT customer services environment.
- Attention to detail demonstrated by applying appropriate quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and can take account of new information, changed circumstances and/or business requirements, and modifies response to a problem or situation accordingly.
- Displays a 'can-do' attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
- Self-sufficient - requires the minimum of supervision.
- Teamwork in order to work collaboratively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- Understands the role of a System Support Team within an internal financial organisation.
- Commits to exceeding expectations and needs to internal/external customers. Possesses a “customer first” mind set.
- Customer focussed by understanding the needs of the internal or external customer, and regularly checking with the customer when taking actions or making decisions.
- People Interaction skills that enable the establishment of relationships and contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Analytical Thinking: Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts.
- Good problem-solving skills in order to resolve incidents quickly and effectively.
- Educated to a bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification or extensive relevant experience in career history.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in an International Life Assurance organisation or similar financial services organisation within a customer support capacity.
- Information acquisition skills to identify gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising a means of resolving them.
- Familiar with financial services, in particular international life assurance, and the type of products offered by the company.
- Basic SQL Skills.
- Proficient in the use of the Jira Suite of Software, including Support Desk & Confluence
- Educated to a bachelor degree level.
- Holds a relevant professional qualification to the role.
- Holds other qualifications in financial services and/or related disciplines.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 9820
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.