Our client seeks a Tax Manager to join their team
To execute delegated work to a high professional standard in an attempt to enhance productivity and efficiency to ensure client satisfaction and to optimise personal development.
- Prepare Manx & UK tax computations and tax returns for companies, trusts and individuals.
- Review computations and returns prepared by more junior staff.
- Prepare and assist with tax advisory reports and queries.
- Be responsible for the maintenance of the TRS return control database and all TRS filings.
- Assist with the maintenance of relevant income and gains pools for trusts.
- Write to clients with details of tax liabilities and payment dates.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Tax Systems Manual.
- Assist with queries from corporate, trust and accounts teams.
- Maintenance the 10 year anniversary database.
- Mentor more junior staff.
- Raise invoices quarterly or when work is finished, as appropriate.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Prepare and send mail shots of relevant tax issues to clients and non-clients on a timely basis.
- Correspond with the Tax Office and/or HMRC or other advisors regarding queries.
- All of the above to be approved by the Tax Director, or Senior Tax Manager.
Service to clients
- Ensure that delegated work is completed to a high professional standard, a standard greater than which the client expects.
- Complete the work effectively and efficiently within the budget agreed in advance with the senior manager/director concerned.
- Report any further possible services.
- Develop an understanding of the client's affairs and an appreciation of the economic and commercial climate in which they operate.
- Provide feedback to the managers and if applicable directors of all client developments of which I become aware.
Maintaining professional and technical standards
- Read appropriate sections of Tax technical publications.
- Obtain relevant background information when tackling new areas of work.
- Build up tax knowledge by attending relevant courses and keep abreast of changes in UK and IOM tax regimes.
- Apply technical and personal skills covered on training courses to assignments.
- Ensure the senior manager is aware of any holiday requirements well in advance and be aware of staff planning and inform relevant manager of any problems with planning well in advance.
- Adhere to the firm's professional standards and to be aware of developments such as pronouncements from the Financial Reporting Council.
- Read appropriate sections of the technical updates and bulletins circulated from the relevant technical bodies and obtain relevant background information.
Developing personal and professional skills
- Be prepared to get actively and enthusiastically involved in office activities.
- Assist in the provision of a good working atmosphere.
- Complete self-appraisal at least annually and discuss with senior manager/director as required.
- Be prepared to study in order to further tax advisory skills and knowledge.
- Be prepared to accept more responsibility, and work on a wide range of clientele.
- Identify areas of self-weaknesses and find and attend courses to improve technical areas and seek help from more senior personnel when necessary.
- Attend the appropriate training courses with commitment and enthusiasm and ensure that all work is submitted according to the laid down timetable.
- Ensure my desk and working area is kept clear and tidy at all times.
If you secure an Interview for this role - we've got it covered. Our Clients are using telecoms and technology. #Businessasusual
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 10075
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.