Technical Assistant - Ship Management
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Technical Assistant in Ship Management to join their team.
We are looking to recruit a Technical Assistant to support the Chief Technical Superintendent, providing services required for a portfolio of managed vessels.
- To act under the direction of the Chief Technical Superintendent to ensure that assigned duties are carried out accurately and on time
- Collating information for periodic reports for all technical ships i.e., Trading Ports, Consumptions, Speeds, P & I Claims, Delays / Deviations
- Compiling and forwarding to P&I Clubs/Owners (as applicable) the relevant documentation regarding all cases aboard technically managed ships
- Compiling and monitoring Ship Details records
- Monitoring Stevedore damage claims and guarantee claims
- Data maintenance in the Cloud Fleet Manager
- Maintenance of the Technical Library.
- Distribution of Service Letters, Bulletins, and Fuel and Oil-Test reports etc. to the vessels
- Collating Product Data sheets for chemicals and other items used on board vessels
- Assist Technical/Marine Superintendents/Fleet Safety and Training Officer in compiling inspection reports
- Ensure, after review by the superintendent, that relevant documents are received such as drawings, manuals, and technical information and that these are properly stored and maintained.
- File correspondence received from ships and maintain all technical files.
- Checking monthly status of vessel's class certificates, inform the superintendent about urgent matters, sending Class status information to the vessels
- Acting as Emergency Recorder in the event of emergency
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented
- The ability to work individually and within a team
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Shipping knowledge would be beneficial
- Able to take accountability and responsibility for own personal development
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels
Your specialist: Angie Westmorland
Quote job ref: 13152
Hi I'm Angie, I am working on this amazing opportunity with one of the Island's leading employers, click apply now and I will be in touch.