Our client seeks a Technical Manager to join their team.
Role: The purpose of the Technical Manager is to hold responsibility for Safety, Quality and Legality of product and processes under the direction of the Managing Director. The Technical Manager will take a hands on approach to product quality and safety, taking ownership to identify areas of concern, undertake root cause analysis and provide solutions or recommendations to key stakeholders. The Technical Manager will also be at the forefront of product development and a key lead in identifying product opportunities for the Company.
- In conjunction with external laboratories, monitor and report on the safety, quality and specification of all products, ensuring compliance with the Quality Management System (QMS) and implement corrective action procedure in areas of non-compliance.
- In conjunction with Manufacturing Management, develop, manage and maintain systems within Company operations to ensure product compliance with legal and customer specifications. This will involve through good working practices, the Quality Assurance of all products processed and manufactured by the Company.
- To identify trends in customer complaints, investigating quality issues and working alongside relevant department managers to implement corrective measures.
- To be Lead Auditor, Auditing suppliers if required / Internal QMS for laboratory (CLAS) and Company (BRC Global Standard)
- Manage, develop and monitor all internal auditing programs, thus depicting Quality trends and developing Quality objectives. Overall responsibility for company QMS.
- Manage, monitor and control the quality and safety of all products through the process of accurate and repeatable laboratory results, ensuring they meet all Product Hygiene Legislation requirements.
- Overall Responsibility for the function of the Company Laboratory, ensuring the CLAS stand is achieved. Organise to ensure that all testing is carried out to a satisfactory standard and in a cost effective manner.
- To provide technical assistance in trouble shooting and problem solving regarding product safety and Company hygiene standards, communicating all findings to relevant managers as necessary.
- To be Team Leader of the HACCP team providing technical input as required.
- Manage the Pest Control File, which forms part of the QMS. To ensure that the Contractor is carrying out his duties in a timely fashion and manner suitable for the needs of the business.
- To manage the Farmer Payments Testing Schedule, ensuring that all sampling and testing is completed on time and providing emergency cover for in-house testing as required.
- Represent the Company at a technical level, when requested, at industry seminars and committees, maintaining an understanding of ongoing research and scientific advances.
- To assist in the development and implementation of new processes and procedures to comply with statutory regulations, liaise with local Government Officials and other departments.
- Contribute to and be part of the Senior Management Team, developing new ideas, solutions and constructive input to assist the Managing Director in his overall responsibilities in management of the Company's affairs.
- Any other duties that the Managing Director may from time to time decide.
Key Skills & Experience:
- At least 10 years' experience in Quality Management or Technical Management working with high care, high risk products
- At least 4 years' management experience
- Experience operating ERP/MRP systems
- Experience in Quality Management Systems
- Experience of being a Lead Auditor
- Experience running a HACCP team
- Appropriate science based academic/Professional qualifications and/or qualified through relevant Laboratory Experience
- High level of computer literacy including Microsoft Office applications
- A Level 4 Food Hygiene certification, or the holder of a lower level with the ability to undertake Level 4
- A Level 4 HACCP training certification, or the holder of a lower level with the ability to undertake Level 4
- In-depth knowledge of CLAS, BRC, RED TRACTOR and any other accreditation standard current requirements
- High level commitment to customer focus
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to communicate with and influence others by presenting strong and persuasive arguments based on factual evidence.
- High level of attention to detail
- A proactive approach to identifying areas of improvement and taking ownership to follow through to resolution
- Flexibility in implementation of change
- Holder of Chartered Quality Professional Practitioner Status (PCQI) (desirable)
Your specialist: Anne Murray
Quote job ref: 11232
Hi, I'm your specialist Anne and I can't wait to hear from you about this job. You can simply submit your CV or call me on 678144 with any questions.