Our client seeks a Test Analyst to join their team.
- Support testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles.
- Support the delivery of testing projects, identifying impact and managing resulting change.
- Support the completion of system integration, user acceptance and regression testing within release schedule deadlines, escalating issues identified during testing to make sure adequate resolution or workaround is implemented.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, escalate through appropriate governance routes and work with others to ensure fit for purpose, client centric solutions.
- Provide a technical point of reference to the department on a day-to-day basis. Act as the first point of contact on key issues with associated internal and external businesses.
- Understand and analyse testing requirements, including non-functional requirements, working with colleagues to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and monitor testing for projects.
- Review the requirement specifications, functional specification, business requirements documents, non-functional requirements, design documents and make sure that the test requirements are understood to build the test plans, for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Review, analyse and provide feedback on project documents to aid the creation of test plans, test schedule and test strategy.
- Raise queries to fill in the gaps and highlight any risks to the test manager or lead for the corresponding work packet.
- Support the production of test plans to detail the approach to the planning and execution of tests for a specific phase of testing aligning to test strategy.
- Support the design test scenarios and cases including systems testing, systems integration testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, non-functional testing and release testing. Make sure that collateral produced will verify the solution proposed and will have full traceability back to the initial requirements.
- Provide support in highlighting all software including non-functional requirements and hardware requirements and make sure that the test environment is fit for purpose through smoke or sanity testing before start of test execution.
- Review and support the test execution, functional and non-functional test results, including regression testing and retesting activities and outputs across the different phases of testing.
- Support the creation of test completion reports, ensuring defects are clearly and concisely documented in the defect management system and ensure timely reporting to raise issues and defects, daily reporting, progress against plan. Monitor the receipt and re-test of fixes required.
- Provide effective defect management including defect triage and liaison with third parties.
- Understand RAID and manage them to make sure that there is no leakage into production.
- Support the building of relevant test reports.
- Establish and build relationships to facilitate the achievement of goals and support the momentum of projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support continuous improvement and identify opportunities for efficiencies to maximise the customer experience and reduce test cycle time.
- Apply testing and delivery standards by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements.
- Support the test manager or lead through the testing life cycle.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Proven application of testing methodologies.
- Practical experience of testing design, planning and execution.
- Experience of systems development lifecycle.
- Experience in non-functional testing-load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and backout.
If you secure an interview for this role - we've got it covered. Our clients are using telecoms and technology. #Businessasusual
Your specialist: Mark Burman
Quote job ref: 10171
Hi, I'm Mark and alongside Clare we look after all the temp / contract roles. If this exciting job sounds up your street, please submit your details, we look forward to hearing from you.