Our Client seeks a Tester to assist their team on a 12-month contract.
Role Profile: The successful candidate will be working with the Developers and Business Analysts to plan, document and execute robust testing in order to enhance the delivery of online and back office applications to meet strategic business objectives.
The main areas of responsibility would include:
- Creation of test scenarios, cases and plans for projects and individual BAU support JIRAs
- Liaise with Project Team including Project Manager, Developer and Business Analyst
- Coordinate and review test documentation
- Take on the role of Test Lead for projects
- Plan and carry out testing appropriate to the task with minimal supervision/guidance
- Input and implementation to test framework and processes
- Reporting of estimates, test metrics and progress updates to the Test Manager
- Share test and system knowledge with others
- Coordinate UAT as appropriate
Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a testing role
- Business Analyst skills would be beneficial
- Perform effective and comprehensive testing of software
- Have excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the project lifecycle with particular emphasis on testing activities
- Be experienced in the specification, design and production of testing documentation
- Understand the importance of logging, analysing and reporting bugs/incidents
- Interact easily with users, developers and managers
- Have sufficient critical faculty to assess test and development activities and suggest improvements
Experience of one or more of the following, whilst not essential, would be an advantage:
- Automated Test Tools
- ISEB certificate in software testing
- Migration projects
- Working with 3rd party providers
- SQL knowledge
- Experience in the Life Assurance Industry
Role has the potential to go permanent.
Your specialist: Clare Henwood
Quote job ref: 9527
Hi, I'm Clare and I work with Mark for all things temp / contract wise. If this job is of interest to you please submit your CV and we will be in touch soon.