Our client seeks a Test Analyst to join their team.
Role Profile: Our client's Testing Team provide high quality system and integration testing services to both projects and BAU. Ensuring new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified (including security requirements), and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented. The Test Analyst plays an essential role in managing the risks associated with IT systems, which include financial and reputational risk.
- Undertake planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
- Design test cases and create test scripts and supporting data, working to the specifications provided.
- Identify relevant areas for regression testing, ensuring sufficient coverage achieved to provide confidence in release.
- Interpret, execute and record test cases in accordance with project test plans.
- Analyse and report test activities and results. Identify and report issues and risks.
- Identify, log, monitor and re-test defects using appropriate tool(s).
- Perform static testing of project documentation to improve quality of requirements and design.
- Provide input to test estimates (both ROM and firm) to help ensure work is sized accurately and planning is on the correct basis.
- Provide regular progress reports (verbal and/or written as needed) to team and project management as required.
- Complete assigned work by deadlines, and escalate appropriately where deadline is in jeopardy.
- Specify, or provide input to, acceptance criteria, in clear and precise terms, in order to ensure protection from identified system weaknesses.
- Support User acceptance testing phase.
- Maintain skills required to adequately fulfil all aspects of the role.
- Continually develop knowledge of company systems, identify own knowledge gaps and actively seek out training.
- Provide ad-hoc training and support to colleagues.
- Seek to expand knowledge to new areas, in particular test automation.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a software testing role.
- Attention to detail demonstrated by applying appropriate quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexible and can take account of new information or changed circumstances and/or business requirements and modifying response to a problem or situation accordingly.
- Goal Orientated & pragmatic to focus on delivering agreed objectives.
- Display a 'can-do' attitude.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate a positive motivated attitude.
- Decision maker who can make decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints, known risks, and the availability of necessary information and resources.
- Teamwork to work collaboratively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
- Understands the role of a System Testing Team within a financial organisation.
- Commits to exceeding expectations and needs to internal/external customers, possesses “customer first” mind set.
- Customer focussed by understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and regularly checking with the customer when taking actions or making decisions.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Analytical Thinking: Acquiring a proper understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts.
- Planning and organisation abilities to determine a course of action by breaking it down into smaller steps and by planning and resourcing each of these.
- Good problem solving skills in order to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- Proven ability to meet individual targets and goals with accurate results.
- Educated to a bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification or relevant experience in career history.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working in an International Life Assurance organisation or similar financial services organisation in a number of different operational areas.
- Experience of working within software development using Waterfall, V-Model & Agile software development lifecycles.
- Experience of creating and managing software test plans, scripts and routines.
- Experience of using Test tools such as selenium.
- Conceptual thinker who can understand the underlying issues in complex problems or situations by correctly relating these to simpler or better understood concepts, models or previous experiences.
- Information acquisition skills to identify gaps in the available information required to understand a problem or situation and devising a means of resolving them.
- Strong time management skills.
- People Interaction skills that enable the establishment of relationships and contacts with people from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines.
- Influencing Skills to convey a level of confidence and professionalism, positively influencing and persuading others to take a specific course of action when there is no direct line of command or control.
- Understanding of IT and software architecture.
- Basic SQL Skills.
- Understanding of XML & schemas (XSDs).
- Understanding of SFTP protocol.
- Proficient in the use of the Jira Suite of Software.
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing.
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 9822
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.