Our client is looking for a Trainee Accountant to join their team.
The Role: To take ownership of the preparation of financial reporting requirements for business units within the wider Group according to company policies and service level agreements on a periodic basis.
- Deliverables produced to a high degree of accuracy on a timely basis
- Management information packs are prepared in accordance with the service level agreements and internal reporting timetable.
- Financial information produced reflects the results of the entity, with variances investigated and reported.
- Manual adjustments are recorded accurately and on a timely basis.
- Excellent collaboration with team members
- Queries from other teams/internal and external stakeholders resolved in a professional and timely manner.
- Work together with the finance team to improve communications with the wider business to aid understanding of the impact of events or transactions.
- Variances and reconciling items are investigated, understood, resolved and reported.
- Interpret quantitative and qualitative information to achieve objectives and produce effective solutions to problems
Ability to maintain a robust control environment
- Comply with controls to maintain the quality and integrity of financial information.
- Challenge and improve controls, policies and procedures within the finance team
- School leaver / graduate with 5 GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above, including English and Maths. Minimum of 120 UCAS points at A Level.
- Commitment to obtain qualifications (ACA, CAT, ACCA)
- Able to demonstrate high level of accuracy, strong numerical skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of working to deadlines and under pressure
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT skills - intermediate MS Excel
- Minimum 1-year experience in an accounting function
- Good accounting skills and familiar with use of SAP
- Working towards a relevant qualification (CAT, ACCA, ACA)
Your specialist: Alan Burman
Quote job ref: 12642