Trainee / Assistant Company Secretary
Isle of Man
Our client seeks a Trainee / Assistant Company Secretary to support the Group Company Secretary.
Calling new graduates or senior administrators looking to grow a career within Corporate Governance. We have an amazing opportunity as a Trainee / Assistant Company Secretary, where you'll be supported through your studies, allowing you to contribute to the commercial success of the Company.
You will follow a programme to become a business focused adviser on company secretarial practise and governance. As well as practical experience, you'll receive structured in-house training from the Group Company Secretary. A great opportunity to learn from the best!
We're looking to invest in you and in return we're looking for strong organisational skills, attention to detail with diplomacy and confidence to support Senior Executives and Board members. These key skills will allow you to support the Group Company Secretary with the provision of core day-to-day Company Secretarial activities across the Group.
- Support the Group Company Secretary in the following areas:
- Manage the collation and distribution of agenda and papers, follow up on action points, maintain rolling agendas and committee calendars for Committees and Boards.
- Provide support to the Chairmen and Board Directors including attendance at meetings, minute-taking and writing resolutions.
- Contribute to meeting discussions in relation to company legal and governance issues which may impact on Group operations.
- Maintain statutory records and registers including the submission of statutory returns.
- Provide support for Shareholder meetings.
- Support the development of corporate governance best practice in all entities within the Group.
- Manage the administration of the Group Policy Framework, including maintaining policy templates and ensuring the polices are kept up to date through annual reviews and Committee/Board approvals.
- Act as the administrative contact for governance matters.
- Assist with the preparation and execution of documentation including Authorised Signatory Lists.
- Maintain up to date due diligence information for Directors and authorised signatories.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Don't have all the requirements? Don't let it put you off, let us see your transferability potential.
- Educated to degree level/equivalent. or 'A' Levels with relevant industry experience
- Be studying or prepared to study for the Chartered Governance Institute professional qualification
- Ideal experience would be in a company secretarial or senior administrative role, preferably within a regulated/financial services environment with knowledge of:$2022;IOM Companies Act and other relevant statutes
- UK Corporate Governance Code
- Knowledge of the following would also be advantageous;
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the corporate environment
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise accordingly, remaining calm under pressure
- Attention to detail with excellent verbal & written communication and presentational skills
- High degree of Integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- A diplomatic approach and the confidence to provide support to high-profile company staff and Board members
- A sound grasp of corporate governance issues
- A commercial frame of mind
Your specialist: Debbie Amankwa
Quote job ref: 12899
Hi, I'm Debbie and I look forward to receiving your submission for this fantastic opportunity with this business.